Chapter 17

"Miette?!" I screamed out as I hid behind Ash. He was clearly confused. "Hi Serena," she said normally, "Hi Ash." She said in a flirty tone. "Uh Hi, Miette. How have you been?" I guess Ash cloud sense I was nervous so he kept my behind him. " oh, you know, making my pokepuffs, getting ready to perform at the pokemon showcase."
"That's nice. Well, we have to get back to our room. It was nice seeing you again." Just after he said that, Miette kissed his cheek. He shook his head. I couldn't tell from behind but he was probably not happy about that. "Miette, don't do that again." He said sternly. I stayed quiet because I was scared of how Miette was. "Aww why not, Ash?" She seemed oblivious to my presence. That's when Ash pulled me out from behind him. "You just kissed me in front of my soon to be wife. I don't think she's too happy." I just buried my face into Ash's side because I didn't want to see Miette's expressions. "Serena is your girlfriend? She doesn't seem to love you like I would." Hearing her say that boiled my blood. I came and jumped into Ash's arms and kissed him. I glanced into his eyes and gave him a look telling him "Get me out of here!" He winked at me and held me in his arms. He started walking off with me until Miette started following us and taunting me. Ash just kept walking and whispered to me "ignore her, I love you, Serena." I started to cry because of the nonstop taunting from Miette. I felt Ash stop dead in his tracks once I started sobbing. Ash whirled around and calmly but sternly said, "Miette, if you don't leave us alone..." Ash couldn't think of a "or else" part. Miette gained an attitude, "or else what? You'll kiss your girlfriend again? We both know I would treat you better than this little girl. I mean, look at her, she's crying her eyes out. You, Ash, belong with me!" I couldn't take it anymore! "Ash, get me back now." I whispered to him. He nodded. I could tell he was angry with Miette. "Miette, you and I will never be together. Not only did you hurt Serena, she's begging me to get her away from you," he turned and started walking fast towards the pokemon center. "Goodbye, Miette." He said. I could tell he wanted to say more but he refrained himself. "Oh no you don't, Ash Ketchum. You get back here right now!" He kept walking. Miette finally got the idea to leave after making one more hurtful remark, "Fine, you have fun with that slut, Ash. When you decide you want a real girl, you come find me." I could see her storm off over Ash's shoulder. He finally broke the silence, "Glad that's over. Did you believe any of that, Serena?" I shook my head and smiled at him, tears still in my eyes, "No, you'll always be there to protect me. I know I'm not just some slut either!" He held me close to him, and I nuzzled my head into his chest, "That's good Serena. You're not a slut and I will always protect you, no matter what." His words comforted me. It was then, I was sure he would never leave me and he would be with me forever. He kept carrying me as he headed to the pokemon center.

We finally got back well after the sun went down. Ash put me down once we got into our room. I changed into my nightgown and Ash changed into his pajama bottoms. He hopped into bed with me and comforted me, aaying things like, "I'll keep you safe," or, "I love you so much, Serena." It made me completely forget about Miette. I kissed Ash a lot in bed. I didn't want our lips to separate after the night we had. I knew that after tonight, I was ready to tell Ash's mother I wanted to be her daughter-in-law. Tonight was a different night. Instead of having Ash's arms around me, I had my arms around him. I kept my head nuzzled into his chest as I fell asleep and prepared for the next morning. I just kept hoping we wouldn't see Miette again.

"Ash, you should leave that slut for me. I know you want me." Miette. She was luring Ash to her. I begged and pleaded for Ash to stay but he finally went to Miette and kisses her lips. He then took her hand and went off. "Have fun being alone, Slut." Miette yelled at me as they took off. After that, I couldn't move. I wanted to run after her, but I couldn't. "Oh Ash...why'd you leave me?! You promised you would never let me go!"

"Serena, it's okay. Im not leaving you" I heard Ash say as he was rocking me in his arms. "It was all...a dream?" Ash nodded, "it was all a dream. I'm here, Serena. It must've been a nightmare."
"Oh Ash, it was horrible! You left me for Miette." Ash held me close. "I'm not leaving you. I love you. I promise." He kissed my lips and it felt like the whole world froze. There wasn't any worries. I just felt happy, having our lips together once again. I laid back down and Ash did his usual thing to comfort me before falling asleep. I didn't fall asleep.  I felt a burst of rage. Not at Ash, but towards Miette. I knew if I saw again, it wasn't gonna be pretty. I shook my head and tried putting it out of my mind. I tried thinking about other things, like what I'd say to Ash's mother. I calmed down and fell asleep. Please let tomorrow be better.