Chapter 54

"Serena? Wake up dear." I knew that voice wasn't Ash. He wouldn't wake me up like that. I slowly opened my eyes to see his mother instead. Who else was I expecting? I glare at her for a moment before asking, "Where is Ash?" She smiles at me and replies, "He went out on an errand for me. How has he been behaving since he arrived in Kalos?" I shook my head as I sat up, "He's been great. It's a pleasure to have him in my life again." She gave me a quick nod, "I don't know if you remember but, I was always not letting Ash see you when you two were kids. Did you know why?" I again shook my head before responding, "I was always wondering but no." She seemed to look away, almost like she was embarrassed to tell me why. "Your mother and I were close and when she told me you were moving here, I tried to save Ash the agony of missing you. I knew he liked you a lot more than any of his other friends in Pallet." At least I finally got an explanation. I didn't agree with it but I see why she did it. "I see. I didn't want to leave Ash. He was like my only friend here. Plus, living here, it wasn't easy." I was gonna continue but I stopped. "It's okay, Serena. Ash filled me in on that. You don't need to tell me." I nodded my head appreciatively. She sat down besides me and asked, "Ash is lucky to have found you here. He always was determined to go to the next region and I would ask 'Is there someone you are looking for?' He would always reply, 'Maybe if I find them.' I always had a feeling it was you." I could feel a blush coming on as she told me Ash was actually looking for me. Just then, he walked in and said weakly, "I'm back. Unfortunately, the pavement wasn't as friendly as I remember." He laughed it off but I knew what happened. He went out and used the board and crashed. He was scratched up but I didn't see anything too bad with him. I reached out for his hand and pulled him close to me. I inspected his face closely and his eyes told me that it wasn't as bad as I originally though. I pulled his face in and kissed his lips. I smiled at him after we broke our lips apart. "That make you feel better?" He smiled and nodded at me as he sat down across the room from me. His mom spoke, "Ash how fast were you going?" I decided to answer that one, "Clearly not as fast as we were going yesterday. He would've looked worse if he was going that fast." Ash gave a signal that I was right. It almost looked like his pain hadn't completely subsided so it was tolling to speak. I'm sure he'll be fine after some rest. I pulled out my phone and saw a text, "Serena, it's your mother. Is it alright if I come visit you?" I shrugged as Delia asked, "What is it?" I responded with, "My mother wants to visit. Is that alright?" Ash gave a nod whilst Delia said, "Sure, invite her up here. I wouldn't mind catching up. We don't want Ash going out and using his energy that he needs to heal a bit." I agreed with her and sent a text to my mom telling her where we were and then I added her to contact list. I go tup and sat next to Ash. He laid his head on my shoulder and let out a painful groan. He then put his head in my lap. I ran my hands through his hair as laid there comfortably. We all waited for my mom to show before we decided on supper. Apparently, Ash and Delia let me sleep in really late. I'm not complaining either. That was the best sleep I've had in awhile. I ran my hands on Ash's face as he closed his eyes. He didn't show any pain from me doing that and smile so I kept running my hand along his cheeks and forehead. Although, he was in pain, he looked so peaceful in my lap. Delia said something about going out for a minute and she left. As soon as that door closed I asked Ash, "Does it hurt bad?" He shook his head in my lap, "You make the pain go away, Serena." I smiled and bent my face down and kissed his lips. We shared a long kiss and I was hoping that would make his pain go away. I feel uncomfortable seeing him in pain. It's almost like it pains me to see him in pain. Ash separated from the kiss first and said, "I love you, Serena." I smiled down at his sweet chocolate colored eyes and told him, "Ash, I will only ever love you. You are my everything." I let a tear escape my eye as I said that. Ash brought his arm up and wiped the tear off my face. He smiled at me. It wasn't a weak one this time, either. It was a smile of strength, of love. That smile made me feel much better about his condition. He seemed so peaceful now, even with all the cuts and bruises on his arms and face. He looked terrible but he also looked extremely good. Just then, Delia walked in with my mom and they looked at Ash. My mom looked more worried than Delia. Probably because Delia and I already knew it wasn't severe and he would be fine. Delia brought my mom up to speed on what Ash did to himself. She looked at him then whispered something to Delia. It mustve been a compliment because Delia smiled at the remark. Then Ash charmed in, "Hey, What's for supper? I'm starved!"