Chapter 4

I glanced down at my red pulsing hands, then at Selena who was holding her chest gasping for air. Her nose was bleeding and sweat poured down her face.  

  She looked up at me and mumbled. “Water,” Her voice was hoarse.

  Staggering to my feet, I got up and went to the kitchen. My hands felt like they were on fire and I could feel the tears still overflowing. 

  Mya looked up from what she was eating, “Is everything okay?” And registering my expression, she rushed towards me. “What happened?”

  “Selena needs water, and…”—I was breathing in and out as my hands flamed—“fire,” and I shook my hands, trying to shake off the warmth.

  Mya's brows pulled together, “Fire?”

  “Selena … water,” I breathed, still waving my hands around.

  Sis watched me nimbly before she turned to pick up a cup from the dish tray. Mya filled it with water from the tap and brought it out to Selena. 

  Water, of course! I turned on the tap to the coldest, then placed my hands under the cold flowing liquid and that immediately cooled down the scorching heat. Sis came back into the kitchen with the empty cup, her golden eyes scrutinizing me with pure curiosity.

  Mya questioned, worried, “What happened? Selena’s out there panting. She’s sweating like someone took a bucket of water and dumped it on her. Not to mention the bleeding, what did she see?”

  I removed my hands from the faucet, what the hell just happened!?

  Mya filled the cup with some more water and this time filled it almost to the brim.  She said, “One of you two needs to start talking.” Mya left with Selena’s water and some paper towels. 

  What did just happen? Did she actually see something? What did she see? And if I’m asking myself these questions then I believe that she is a psychic and has powers and this is real. But stuff like this isn’t real, it’s impossible for this to be real. Isn’t it? FML. Am I really one to talk about unimaginable events, considering what I went through?

  Mya came back wanting to know what happened. “I regret it,” I mumbled faintly holding out my hands in front of me.

  “What?”

  “You said I wouldn’t regret it and I do,”

  Mya watched me worriedly, “Are you okay? Let me see.” And she took my hands in hers.

  Shrugging, I tried my best to make sense of what happened. “I don’t know if I’m okay. When she did whatever to you, did your hands hurt?”

  “Nope.” Sis shook her head. “Why would they?”

  Probing, I glanced down at my hands, “You felt the needles?”

  “Yeah.” Mya ran her fingers down my palms.

  “You felt the heat or something, energy force or like she calls it ‘surge of energy’?”

  “Something like that,” Mya shrugged. “I’ll get you some ice.” Turning, she went over to the fridge pulling out an ice tray and placed three cubes of ice in a dish cloth, folded it neatly and handed it over to me. She sat back at the table, “Can you explain some more?”

  “I can’t say; I don’t know what she saw.” And I sat opposite Mya, holding the cloth to my palms.

  Mya returned to her lasagna mumbling, “That must have been something.”