Chapter 8

Forty-five minutes later I was in my happy place and feeling nice but I was alone. Jordan found some trampy looking girl to give him a lap dance; Audrina and Nicci were entertaining some guys with lighthearted girl on girl action; Kailah was off dancing with one of Jordan’s boys and I had no idea where the extra’s we brought along disappeared to—not to mention Mya vanished on me. Or was I the one who ventured away from the group?

 Oh well, potato, po-tah-to. And it was at that moment I decided I was thirsty.

 I showed the bartender the pink bracelet I’d received, meaning I didn’t have to pay for drinks, and I ordered a tequila shot. I promised myself this was going to be the last one for tonight and a bubble of laughter escaped, while the cute bartender gave me a funny glance as if contemplating whether he should or shouldn’t give me my shot.

 “It’s my birthday,” I giggled to the bartender. “I’m turning twenty-one, yah me!”

 “Yah you,” he responded mechanically, turning his back to me and I’m going to die within the next year, yah me! And maybe meet my soul mate tonight, yah me! Who will drown me with his eyes. Like what does that mean?

 And as I pondered Selena’s words, a guy came up beside me at the bar and said, “Happy birthday too you.”

 “Uh, Thank you,” I mumbled, licking my right hand and sprinkling the salt on my wrist.

 “I’ll pay for birthday girl drinks,” he informed the cute bartender, who looked annoyed.

 The bartender informed him, “She wasn’t charged.”

 The fugly stranger guy who was shorter than me, or maybe because I was wearing heels, smiled. “Well there goes my attempt at trying to talk to you.”    

 Ew, was my first thought. You wanna talk to me, I wanted to laugh in his face but instead I mused to the bartender. “Get him a shot, it’s on me.”

 The stranger extended his hand, “Liam.”

 “Justice,” I took his hand.

 “Andrew,” said the bartender solemnly and slid over the shots.

 “Listen,” Liam began. “I’m usually not so straightforward but I think you’re absolutely gorgeous.” His eyes lingered down to my excessive cleavage—of course. Courtesy of Lasenza; level 4-Up.

 “Well Liam,” I said, lifting my shot glass, “Are we going to finish these?”

 He smiled, our heads snapped back and just then a very hot tempered girl broke through the crowd yelling at Liam, but she called him Alex. Supposedly Liam, who is really Alex, was being a very bad boy and this girl threw her drink in his face. It started a fight between them.

 Curse words were tossed around over the loud music and a little pushing happening here and there, and I walked away from that scene before ordering a rum and coke. It wasn’t my problem and they were attracting the bouncers. I made a quick decision to take an opening to the left of the bar, which led me into a hallway that had lounging rooms on either side of me.

 One of the many private lounging doors slid open to my left and a guy bumped into me spilling my drink on my new dress. He didn’t stop to apologize, hell he didn’t acknowledge that he hit something, and following behind him were Angel and Chalice, sisters at the university I attend.

Angel smiled; her long, white-blonde hair fell beautifully over her shoulders. “Well look what we found.” The guy stopped momentarily and looked.

Chalice parried, “Nothing of importance, she’s still alive.”

Angel frowned at that comment, sucking on a red lollipop, and I couldn’t take my gaze away from the six foot tall stranger.