Chapter 13

Dante POV

 Julie Anderson dropped her white towel to the floor of her family's sauna, revealing her tanned size A breasts detailed with a few beauty marks and her flat ribbed stomach which she attained by starving herself and occasionally sticking her finger down her throat.

 Her dampened blonde hair reached just beyond her collar bone, swaying gently as she sauntered towards me, yearning for some kind of pleasure, and I heard a woman giggling outside of this wooden shack. The woman giggling was the friend of Julie and Marquis, my brother was with her outside in the hot tub.

 My throat felt parched, as if I was in the desert and my saliva wasn't doing much to moisten the passage. My nostrils flared with the scent, my tongue began to sweat and I could feel my fangspoking, denting into the delicacy of my tongue and drawing blood. My body was beginning to change, not visibly of course, my senses; scent, hearing, seeing, you get the point.

 Reaching fairly close to me, Julie kissed my neck. “I want all of you,” she whispered, running her hands across my broad chest, shoulders and arms.

 Thump, thump, thump goes her heart and the smell lifting from off her flesh is heavy desire. Julie's fingers traced an invisible line across my stomach, lingering where I had shoved the edge of the towel to hold it up against my hips and gently she pressed her hand against the softness of the cloth, lowering her hand.

 I thought to myself then that I wanted to play with her, tease her, have her squirming, calling my name, make her beg for an enjoyable evening that this human most likely doesn't deserve but all that would take effort that I was simply not up for. Her human scent enclosed the small boxed in space, suffocating my lungs with her aroma. 

 Thump. Thump. Thump and the smell… Taking in a deep, riveting breath, I knew I couldn’t have her taunting me like this—it was insulting. I grabbed the girl at the back of her neck; she gasped and I heard Marquis reminding me to play nice. My brother spoke to my mind. However his way of playing nice is not my taste in excitement.

 Julie breathed, arching her delightful neck, begging for a kiss, and I lengthened my fangs, allowing the realization to settle. The kind of excitement that I seek out is the horrid expression that would be painted across her face. I want to feel her fear seeping into me, reap the emotions of raw anxiety and that would arouse me. And that is my entertainment.

 However, as the realization did settle, it was not at all what I wanted.

 Julie's eyes gleamed, “No way!”

 “That's all you have to say?” I enquired, feeling a cloud of disappointment misting over.

 “No,” she backed up a little, hesitant. “Are you for real?”

 The cloud was thickening with every second that passed. “Apparently so.” Sarcastic and all I retracted my fangs.

 What happened to back in the day when my kind was exclusive, when the woman would shriek when they saw the fangs and shrill in fear? Now with all these damn commercial vampires, misspelling the 'Y', you have too many Gothic communities with wannabes and no one is ever really surprised anymore.

 “Oh my god, this is wicked,” Julie beamed, stark naked. “No, wait; you can't be real.” She was fighting what society had led her to believe. Normal thoughts and normal actions. At the end of the day, what is normal and who defines it?

 Sighing miserably, I run my fingers through my dampened hair, “Woman, you practically handled my privates and you’re questioning if I'm real?” I took a seat on the sweaty wooden bench behind me. Why couldn't I have had the girl who isn't fascinated in the Hollywood make up of my kind?

 Julie said, “You want my blood, don't you? I mean, I've watched enough True Blood to know.” Her pale blue eyes danced with excited curiosity and her thoughts couldn't wait to tell her friend who was with my twin outside in the hot tub, and others. 

 I spoke, standing up and walking towards the human. “I want you to do something for me.” Eye contact was made, the connection established and the bonding completed.

 Julie questioned blankly, “And what would that be?”

 “When I say unicorn,” and I ran my fingers through her hair. “I want you to scream, run out of the sauna and be very, very, very frightened of me.”

 “I can do that,” she assured.

 “I hope so, ’cause if I don’t feel as though you’re really afraid of me, I will snap your neck.”

 “Can you say unicorn now?” she questioned anxiously as if this were a game.

 Allowing the last bit of her blonde strands to slide through my fingers, the smell of the brunette was strong, fresh blood—my twin was feeding. I could feel his contentment flowing into me, tempting me with what was before me; the simple fragile skin holding such powerful essence, enticing my human needs with her nakedness and calling a double desire to supply to both needs. Nonetheless, one need is wrong, one need needs to be catered to and only one need will decide what I am.

 The one desire will outweigh my weakness, my curse.

 I spoke the magic word, “Unicorn.”