Chapter 17

The week snailed by; so at the end of this long week, while everyone was downstairs in my sorority home and beginning to start this weekend off with a bang, I was up stairs reading. This was how I wanted to bring in the weekend.

“Seriously,” Audrina sassed with my headphones in her grasp. “There’s a party being held in your sorority home and you’re upstairs reading,” and she said the last word like it was something foreign and toxoid.

Frowning I pushed up my reading glasses, glaring at my friend who disturbed me from the final book in the millennium series, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets’ Nest. “I really, really would like to stay up here reading.” Plus, I partied for my birthday December 21st, went out Christmas night and boxing night. Not to mention the pre-new year’s eve party and the main New Eve Year’s event where Audrina’s brother has a cottage up north and she invited practically the whole city and that was the unforgettable.

I whined. “I just want a mellow weekend.” Why is this so hard to accomplish?

Audrina parried, “Well, start tomorrow. Right now party time!” She gleamed pulling at my arm. “Pluhleease,”

Sighing I turned off my idog, I should have went back home for the weekend. “Under one condition,” and I pulled off my glasses.

Audrina dropped my head phones rolling her eyes, “I know, I don’t bug you Saturday or Sunday.” She pulled my book from my grasp tossing it on my bed. “Thank you!” And she dragged me from around my desk and taking a deep, defeated breath I opened my room door.

Reaching the bottom of the staircase, Cassie Johnson came around with tubes of colored Vodka. And it begins…

My alcoholic friend grabbed one for me and herself and Audrina’s anthem came blasting through the sound system, ‘Tonight’s Gonna be a Good Night’ by Black Eye Peas.

Audrina grinned her gaze twinkling animation and I wondered how many shots has my friend already consumed. “Tonight’s gonna be sick!” she squealed.

I said, “Every weekend that involves liquor is sick,”

“Hey don’t hate, appreciate the Vodka,” and if this was Rum I would have to appreciate. If this blue shot was brandy, I would have to appreciate, if her red shot was whisky, I would have to appreciate it. I have a feeling, five years from now; I’ll be dragging my deranged friend into rehab for her visible growing problem.

Audrina and I downed the shots and ventured through my sorority home. We spotted Erin who pulled us into conversation and she was drunk, so a little more tolerable than other days. However soon after Erin had to run to the bathroom when her nose started to bleed. Assuming she was sniffing Cocaine, since this has been a habit in the past, I followed her to the bathroom to make sure that everything was okay.

Audrina mumbles just before I leave, “The bitch should simply die,”

“Don’t go far,” I say ignoring her rude comment and quickly pace behind Erin.

Inside the bathroom, Erin pulls out paper towel and turns on the faucet. Little talk surfaces about nothing important, kind of awkward if I may say so and when I was sure everything was okay I left and found Audrina.

Audrina says seeing me approaching, “Is she dead?”

“You need a muzzle,” and we continued through my sorority home.

We found Nicolle with a straight green wig inside the sun room playing strip poker and from the looks from the other players my girl was winning. I concluded this since the only thing missing was her sweater hanging on the back of the chair. Two boys were shirtless and another girl sitting across from Nicci, no pants. Thankfully she was wearing panties.