Chapter 18

I shook my head, my eyes opening and hearing an acquainted voice- it was Angel’s voice.

“What?” I answered absently trying to figure out my whereabouts. I was in a room and it looked like, a laundry room? With Angel and the club guy? Why are we in here?

Instantly Angel perked, on her toes smiling for ear to ear right in my face, “You’ve met my boo,” but she looked nervous- a little uneasy.

I glanced at club guy and Angel. Club guy informed, “You wanted to talk in here, since you couldn’t hear anything from out there,”

“I did?” Why can’t I remember that?

He said, “You said something about losing a game.”

The pool game, “Right,” I mumbled kind of remembering that this guy made me loose.

“I was trying to enlighten,” Club guy continued sullen. “I would be more than happy to win you back the money that I have cost you,” and he smiled flashing his dainty pearly whites. His inviting smile didn’t tally with his cold, distant gaze and I felt the hairs on the back of my neck rise.

I pondered guardedly, “You would do that?” and everything slowly came back to me; drunken Jordan, Audrina every two seconds shoving drinks in my face, Nicolle winning strip poker, Owen challenging me to a game of pool and hunting club guy down for the game that he made me loose.

His smile was pretentious, “It would be my pleasure,” and my heart still, temporarily restarted. I also noticed now without all the music playing he had a faint accent, he sounded Hispanic not to mention his exotic looks gave him away if not, his accent.

Angel stood beside club guy looking her usual cute self with adorable jean skirt, tank top that was showing off her belly ring and killer heels. The sparkling golden bangles on her wrist clanked as she pulled out her lollipop, twirling the ends of her blonde hair and she faced him looking up at his height almost as if they have gotten away with something.

She spoke irritable, slow and precise. “I told you I was coming back,”

Club guy said, “And I told you I was going to look for him.” He cast his blue gaze on me for no longer than half a second then he was focused on Angel.

Angel hopped up on one the many washer tops, “Not with that hideous blonde thing, girl, on your arm.”

“Jealously isn’t very becoming,” he purred.

“Jealous, Ha! In your dreams lover boy,” Angel chimed provocatively licking her lollipop and club guy placed a hand on her thighs inching it up slowly.

Did these too forget I was even here? Hastily I interrupted, “Sorry to interrupt you and your man but, I gotta head back.”

“Marqie? God no, he’s not my boyfriend,” Angel wrinkled her nose as she lightly hit him on the arm and yet still club guy inched his hand higher under her skirt. “He’s dating my sister, well,” and she paused rethinking her next few words. “It’s complicated but we do share, but we’re trying not to share anymore,” And the one known as Marqie cleared his throat, as even I knew that was all too much information.

I guess the whole related theory is a no go. Angel giggled and club guy, I mean Marqie removed his hand just as the laundry door opened and the music escaped into the room.

“I can’t find him, did you two find him?” Tayce inquired nettled from behind me.

“He’s not down here,” Marqie answered and Tayce came into view standing a little ways from me; her brown hands on her hips and she looked just as bothered. Tayce rolled her topaz eyes from under her thick straight cut bangs gritting her teeth, her ginger straight hair flowed over her slender shoulders. She wore a white cashmere sweater which fell off her right shoulder, and cute black denim skinny jeans, which were a little ruffled at the bottom. Tayce also had the same piece of jewelry around her neck, except hers was long, reaching her waist and had a butterfly on the end that glistened beauteously and she looked absolutely flawless as always.