Chapter 3

Anya's POV

I felt as if the oxygen is being sucked out of the elevator and is filled with his essence. I felt his heat seep through my pores. It was as if my whole world was occupied by him only at that moment. I was panicking because of what I was feeling. It was a very weird experience to feel these unknown sensations coursing through my soul. It was as if my existence depended on them. It was overwhelming and scary. I closed my eyes to snap out of these sensations. My arms wound around my waist involuntarily as if I was hiding myself from these emotions and their powerful grasp on me.

After what felt like hours I realised that I was feeling the cold air biting my cheeks. I opened my eyes to find him standing two feet away from me, still on call but what caught my attention was his gaze. It appeared as if he was memorizing each and every detail about me. He did not even blink, it felt as if his gaze was hypnotizing me. I blinked many times to escape from it's magic, but it was of no use. I closed my eyes for few seconds and opened them to see a very small smile on his face borderlining a smirk. However I did not creep out because of that smirk like how it always made me feel when someone smirked at me.

All of a sudden the elevator stopped and the doors slid open to reveal the empty corridor of the floor where I have to get down. I went to step out of the elevator but stopped when I found his trousers clad legs in my line of step. I took a step back so as not to get caught in that web of sensations. He kept staring at me, and I could feel his gaze travelling from my forehead where beads of sweat were forming to my eyes, my cheeks, my nose and my lips which were quivering. I fisted my shawl in my left hand and used it to wipe the sweat that was trickling from my forehead to my jaw near my ear travelling through my hair line and then passed my neck and disappeared into my dress.

His eyes darkened and they appeared pitch black now. My brain stopped working and my heart started beating faster. I frowned because this state of mine is a result of unexplainable excitement not fear. I bit my lip which I do whenever I get worked up. His eyes strayed from my neck and zeroed on my lip currently abused by my teeth.

He clenched his jaw, closed his eyes for a second and opened them. They returned to their normal shade of bluish black. I saw someone in grey approaching the elevator behind him. That brought me out of my sensory overload and I realized that I have to get out of the elevator before this hijacker traps me in the web of emotions.

The person in grey tapped my hijacker's shoulder and stepped beside him at the doors. That was when I saw that my hijacker's left hand was pressed on the stop button of the elevator which resulted in its non functioning for this period of time. The grey suit guy observed this and raised his left brow in question and started looking between us. The only response was the release of stop button which meant elevator doors would close any second again.

Before anyone could make a sound I excused myself from the elevator and starting walking down the corridor towards my destination. All through the walk I felt his stare on me and I controlled myself from running because it would create unnecessary curiosity in the grey suit guy. Just before turning around the corner I heard the grey suit guy asking him, " Kai, Is everything alright?" No matter how much my whole being desired to hear his voice once again I could not since I was already very far from them to hear his response. The only thing that my brain could remember then was his name 'Kai'.