Chapter 18

Hi everyone!!

Hope you guys are doing great.
Here is a new chapter for you. It is what you guys have been waiting for.

Happy Reading!!

Anya's POV

"I assure you that I am not a hijacker, Miss Ananya."

As soon as I heard those words, my feet rooted to the ground. He knows my name and also what I call him. Oh God! How could he know that!? I willed my feet to move so I can run from there. But my body disobeyed me again. It never listens to me in his presence and now I cannot escape. So I stood there like a frozen statue with no other option. I waited for him to approach me or ask me to turn towards him. Neither he approached nor asked anything of me. Instead I heard a sigh, a long sigh of suffering to be precise. To my peril I couldn't find a single human anywhere in my vicinity because of the flexible working hours offered by the organization. I didn't know if I should be happy that no one is around to witness this episode or sad that no one is here to rescue me from this hijacker.

I wanted to contradict his statement that he is not a hijacker. I wanted to tell it to his face that he really is a hijacker, with his ensnaring gaze and voice he hijacks my senses. I would make a fool of myself if I explain these reasons to him. And I definitely do not want to get tagged as any such thing in the office. The tendrils of anxiety started their invasion on my nervous system making me jittery. Amidst this, all of a sudden I was overpowered by a burning desire to see him. Giving in to that desire I slowly turned towards him expecting either anger or malicious mirth from him. Instead all I found was worry and concern for me, which befuddled me since I did not expect that from him. I do not know why but that worried look on his face pinched my heart and I felt an urgency to expel that look from his face.

At the expense of looking like an idiot, I blinked at him and gave him a small smile so as to send across a message to him that I was fine. After staring at me intently for few seconds he released a sigh of relief as if satisfied with my answer. In my earnestness to appease him of his worry I looked into his eyes. His gaze held mine and everything else was tuned out from my mind except him. I was enveloped by an undisturbed calmness driving away any traces of anxiety, confusion, shock, fear, surprise and many such emotions from my being. I was grateful to him for this, however there was something at the back of my mind nagging at me. I was absolutely entrapped by his gaze hindering all the efforts to grasp my thoughts. I could not release myself from its clutches for he effectively and utterly took control of my being. This hijacker. I suppose this was what my brain was trying to warn me with it's nagging while I was eagerly attempting to allay his worries. I hope that he is unaware of what that probing gaze of his does to me.

"Anya!! I have been calling you since ages but you didn't respond to any of my calls. Is there any problem with your mobile? What are you doing there? Is everything alright? We are already late in returning that Key Card. Lets not delay it any more" The words penetrated my foggy brain and brought me from the world that was weaving around me. I turned to find Priya behind me and was grateful that she arrived before I was swept away by his charm irrevocably. She is my champion for she saved me twice from this hijacker. I should be overjoyed to get away from him instead seeds of gloom started sowing in my mind and reluctance was clouding my actions. With half-hearted steps I moved towards her. If she saw Kai she did not give any indication of it. With a heavy heart I started walking towards the lounge. Involuntarily I turned to look at him after few steps. He put on his helmet and it hid his face from my eyes that were searching for it. He flipped the visor up and nodded at me acknowledging my abrupt departure. I stopped and gazed at him. When she found that I was not walking beside her Priya came back for me and looked for what was it that caught my attention. She looked at Kai and he pulled the visor down at the exact moment. She looked at him and then turned to me.