Chapter 11

Hiiii guys!!!

This chapter gives you insights about the relationship between Anya and her brother.

Anya's POV

Vikrant, my brother , my hero from the day he held me in his arms while I was crying for our mother , turned towards the screen. He was the one who was with me during my nightmares after our parents death. He was the one, who guarded me from every harm that could come my way. He is more of a father than a brother to me. " AB!! You like my presents more than the scooter and mom's envelope right?", Asked Rikki with his adorable excited face. It felt as if i could grant him great treasures with my one yes. After hearing my positive reply, he turned to Vikrant and said, " See daddy! She loves my presents more than yours!!!!". He starting jumping on the sofa where they sat.

Vikrant caught hold of him, put him down and asked him to get ready for his swimming classes, hearing which Rikki started running, with Ishana SIL following him to his room. In the mean time I told Priya that I would be meeting her directly at the office and she agreed to it after I promised her a good explanation about all this. I took the presents and went inside my room.

" Grandpa did not give me a chance to buy you a bicycle when you were 12 and now I took away his chance of buying you a scooter. I know Dehradun's traffic is much better than Hyderabad's and is suitable for you to drive scooter. Still use the helmet and drive safe. You have grown up into a very strong person Anya and I am very proud of you. I know you miss them Anya. Even though you do not talk to me much about them these days, I know in my heart that you miss them. I can sense that it pains you a lot that you have very few memories of them.

It is my greatest hope that what I am about to tell you next alleviates that pain. That journal, the one you have with you right now has answers to many of our unanswered questions. I found it in our guest house the last time I went there. I think this is the right time for you to see it. I had it in my possession for all these time. That journal belongs to mom Anya. It tells us everything you think you do not remember about them. Photography was dad's passion. That journal holds all the memories even before we came into their life. You were always interested in their love story. It was your favorite bed time story. You would never sleep without listening to it. But after that accident, you stopped reading and writing.

We both lost our parents on that fateful day, but I lost my sister also. That sister who loved running in the fields and gardens, that sister who loved playing with my books, that sister who sat on my bed trying to control her sleep while I was preparing for my exams so o would not feel lonely in the nights, that sister who used to smile and enjoy smallest of the small things of life, that sister who never stopped from embracing the world. I lost that sister. I lost you Anya.

I did not utter a word to you regarding this all these years because you were grieving and holding yourself responsible for that accident. I cannot take it anymore. I want my sister back. Let me tell you something Anya, that day whatever happened was not an accident, it was a premeditated murder. We both were also supposed to die along with Mom and Dad. Do not ask me anything else regarding the accident, I will tell you everything when it is time. And trust me it is not the time now. Dad wanted us to live our lives to the fullest. Dad told you to become one of the best writers​ which you always wanted. Those were his last words to you while bleeding to his death. I am sorry Anya, I may sound harsh but you have to live your life now without their memories holding you back.

We got the best parents anyone could ever ask for and the only way to cherish their memories is to ensure that those memories bring nothing but happiness in our lives. You were not the only one who was feeling guilty all these years. I found many truths from that journal which gave me a closure. Mom and Dad knew we were in constant danger, so they made sure that we will be placed under Grandpa's​ care only. Now there is no threat to any of us, so do not ponder over them. The perpetrators are punished.

Mom and Dad would be very proud of you Anya, if they could see how their daughter turned out now. But it would also hurt them to know that their memories are stopping you from moving on ahead in life. Don't​ let their memories become a hurdle for your happiness Anya. It is the worst form of punishment you could give them for leaving you. Please Anya, be happy and live your life happily. I will always be there for you. Love you Anya", my brother ended the call with tears running down his eyes. I could not hold back anymore and sobbed to my heart's content.

Anya's parents play a major role in this story even without their physical presence.

Their death has an important role in moulding her future.

As Vikrant said when it is time we will know more about it.

Hope you like it.