Chapter 31

Kai's POV

The skies thundered and I was worried if it would scare Ray. Since grandpa and grandma left to London to bring back Rehan Bhayya and Megha Bhabhi last night, Ray was with me in my room. As soon as we landed in Dehradun, Grandma and Grandpa took the same jet to London. Grandma decided that she will go to London and personally ensure that everyone is back in Dehradun in this house, their rightful home. Grandpa decided to accompany her to show that they he was supporting Grandma on this decision. Things were changing for the best in this house now. It would no longer be a house but would be called a home, after everyone came back. I left my study and stepped into bedroom to find Ray on a call with his new best friend Ananya.

"... I will ask Chachu when he will drop me and will call you Yaaya. My Aapa and Mimi went to London. They will come on Saturday. So can I spend more time with you?" He asked her.

"Mimi??!! Aapa??!! Yes you can spend how much ever time you want with me. But we should take permission from your Chachu in this matter. If he agrees, I don't have any objection." I could hear her reply to him as she was on speaker.

"  Aapa is my grandpa's father and Mimi is grandpa's mother, Yaaya.What if Chachu says no? I don't have anyone to play with here Yaaya.
Chachu works on Laptop most of the time. He doesn't have much time to play with me. Also from next week my school starts, so I will not have much time to play with you or call you. You know Yaaya,my new school's name is River Dale High. Chachu says that it is a good school and I will like it. Do you think I will like it Yaaya??!??" Ray shared with her. His words conveyed his distress at the thought of going to school. He was also bleak as he wouldn't have the whole day on his hands to talk to his friend anytime he wanted to.  I didn't want to disturb the conversation between them, so just watched everything by standing near the door.

" Oh your great grand parents!! They will come back soon, I am sure of it.  Your Chachu should work right. That is why he is not able to play with you for a long time. You know he has a very big  job in our office. He will have lots of work to do and look after so many people in the office. He knows that you will be alone without your Mimi and Aapa that's why he didn't even go to office today. See, he is staying at home and working from there for you. So you wouldn't feel alone. You can talk to me whenever you want. I am your friend right?!

Your school name sounds good Ray. Your Chachu is right about the school.  You will make many friends there. With them you can play for a long time. You will learn many new things there which will help you a lot when you grow up. So school is a good thing. You don't worry alright. You can tell me every night about what happened in the school. Will you tell me? Or will you forget me when you have so many new friends?  You will not forget your Yaya right Rayy??!!? "  she consoled his heart very smoothly. She understood his need for company and was helping him adjust to the new environment and change of place. She tried to allay his fears about the new school by assuring him. She was all in all strengthening my belief that she would take very good care of Ray.

" No I will not forget you. You want to know why, because are my beeessstt friend Yaaya. Chachu said that the school is very good. He is the beeessstt Chachu in the whole world. He stayed with me only when I slept in the afternoon. He didn't sleep after listening to your stories today. He was working in his laptop. Chachu works sooo much." Ray told her. He was very vehement while expressing that he would not forget her. His words tugged my heart. I decided to spend as much time as I could with him building our relationship. I could never replace Hiten Bhayya, but I would definitely become a father figure to him. I was brought of my trance with the tinking laughter from the hand phone.

" Oh that is so sweet of you. You are also my very good friend. So your Chachu didn't sleep this time while listening to my stories??!! Too bad. He must have been so busy with work, that my stories didn't help him. By the way tell me something Ray, what is your Chachu's name?" After listening to her, I decided that it was time I interrupted their conversation before Ray disclosed something that would put a crunch in my plans. I made my presence known to them by calling Ray's name.