Chapter 23

Hi Guys,

I am really sorry for the delay. I know you guys have been waiting for the new update. I was busy with my exams and so could not update. I am very happy to say that I cleared my exams with flying colors. 

I appreciate your unwavering support and am very grateful for the wonderful response. As you can see the Story crossed 50K reads. It might be a small number to some but it means a lot to me and both Anya and Kai. They are very happy that they are able to reach so many of you lovely people and fill your lives with their love.

I am extending my sincere thanks to everyone of the readers who read this story and played such an important role in meeting this mark of 50K reads. I am forever thankful to all you wonderful people who inspire me to keep going with your beautiful response and comments.

LOVE YOU ALL

Here is a new chapter for you guys from Kai. I am eagerly waiting for your response regarding this chapter. More than me I think Anya and Kai are waiting for your reviews.

HAPPY READING

Kai's POV

            It had been almost five days since I last saw Ananya. A lot of things have changed since then. I stared at the folder lying on the coffee table in my room. Idris gave it to me when I met him the last time. Idris stressed on inducting more security detail for Ananya while giving me the file. I gave him a go ahead on the condition that she must not be aware of them. The contents of the file changed my previous decision to approach the relationship with Ananya. I did not want to go through any details pertaining to Ananya's life behind her back. I want her to reveal anything about her to me. But the incident in those elevators the last time I saw her implored me to get as many details as I could about her so that I could protect and shield her. Shield her from the guilt I witnessed when she thought that she hurt me, shield her from the grief that clouded her eyes when she was going through the traumatic episode in the elevators, shield her from anything and everything that dimmed the light of her eyes, that tried to take away her smile, that might stop her from being happy.

           I could never forget that day for the rest of my life. The panic, the vulnerability, the grief that was visible on her face during that episode in the elevators made it clear that she was suffering from some post traumatic disorder and it wasn't the first time she experienced it. The relief that was reflected in her expressive eyes after coming out of the episode clearly indicated that this particular episode was nothing compared to what generally happened when she went through such traumatic stress. I lifted my finger and rubbed the scratch on my face that actually triggered that episode in her.

                  My heart was clutched by the claws of despair when I saw her struggle to overcome her stress in those elevators that day. The pale color of her skin, her constricted breath, her glassy eyes, her inability to speak prompted me into action. I prayed God to give her the strength to win the battle she was waging with her senses. I was not inclined to sit back and watch, so I decided to wage that battle along with her by lending  her my strength through my touch and my voice. I was surprised when she grasped my hand and was relieved when she was getting a grip on her senses back again. She might not be aware of the importance of what transpired between us in those elevators but it decided my future actions regarding our relationship.

                I was worried that after she recovered she would withdraw into herself barricading herself and it would be hard to break down those barriers she might erect but the acceptance, lack of any apprehension and the happiness in her expression confirmed that it might be the first time she overcame this stress. It was obvious by the way her eyes lightened up when she saw me after she recovered that she is no longer afraid of me but it would be a stretch to hope that she realized her feelings for me. When she realized my friends presence in the elevators and that they witnessed her in her vulnerable moments dimmed that light in her eyes replacing the happiness with  unease and discomfort.