Chapter 28

Anya's POV

By the time I reached my abode at Mehras' Villa I decided on not letting the guy from the canteen affect me. He was a stranger and I didn't want to waste my time and energy thinking about him. The best course of action for me in this regard was to ignore that guy and his attempts to get my attention and talk to me. I cleansed my body and my mind of unwanted things and it made me feel fresh from inside out. I thought of calling my brother since it had been a long time since I spoke with him. But as soon as I took my handphone in my palm, there was a notification waiting for me, a message from Mr. Hijacker. I opened his message and was shocked after reading the first few sentences.

From: elevator_guy@yahoo.com
To: meton07012018@yahoo.com

There is nothing ordinary about you Ananya. You are special. To me.

Mr. Executive!! I will take that as a compliment, even though I sense the underlying pinch of sarcasm. By the way I like this name much better than the other one, you know Hijacker. Will you answer me if I asked you the reason behind these names?

I am glad that you agreed to help me regarding this issue with Ray. It is nothing serious yet it is not that simple. At least for me. Well let me explain the situation then.

I tried to make him take a nap in the afternoon and came across a hurdle in my efforts. I thought of approaching my parents for help, but decided against the idea. As you know they are already worried about my sister-in-law and contacting them regarding Ray would only add to their worries. Since you are the first person to cross my mind when I thought of approaching someone for help, I contacted you.

However, if I am disturbing you, I want you to be frank and tell me so. I'll try to find some other solution to this problem.

P.S.  I am not sorry if I am troubling you because it is you.

After reading the message the thought that was ringing in my mind was when this man would stop astonishing me. Every moment in this bizzare relationship of ours,if one can even call it a relationship, I always encountered pleasant surprises. Even though he jumbled my thoughts and emotions, he never creeped me out with his actions or inactions. He always invoked strong feeling of safety and a pleasant sense of security in me. Though there wasn't any plausible explanation for him to play such a significant role in my life it appeared that nothing Kai did had any reasons. He was a person surrounded by air of charm and mystery.

What did he mean by special? No matter how strong my attempts were  to divert my mind from thinking about him, I was unable to succeed in them. The harder I tried to push him away from my mind and heart, he was settling more concretely in my thoughts. He was definitely not beating around the bush. He didn't have a bone of subtility. He was very vocal. He was most definitely not direct also. I was glad for that because I didn't know how I would have reacted if he expressed what he was feeling for me in clear words not shrouded by underlying meanings.  One thing was for sure, SJ International definitely made a good choice by recruiting this smart guy. He was a wolf alright, a big bad wolf and I felt like a little red who was going to be his prey. An excited prey with no brains to think that she was digging herself into a pit from which there apparently might not be an escape.

I slapped my palms but not too hard on my cheeks to get out of his ensnaring charm. " He might be a wolf Anya! But you are not the little red. And why are you so excited about what he would tell. May be you are special because you named him Hijacker. I mean who would say that to another person and expect that person to forget you. That was all he meant. Don't feed unnecessary things to your mind. Show that big bad wolf that you are not gonna fall for his trap." After my prep talk with myself I decided to reply him. With boosting confidence I asked him about Ray's problem, completely ignoring his gauntlet. It was a cowardly way but it appeared to be the safest way for me then. Even while I was typing the reply there was a nagging at the back of my mind. It said," You may feel safe for now Ananya but it would simplify the things and would soothe your anxious mind if you realised that there might not be an escape from him. Also ask yourself if you truly wanted to escape from him." I was flabbergasted by what my brain was trying to tell me. I ignored it's rant and looked at the message I sent to him.