Chapter 32

Kai's POV

I woke up to find that it was very cloudy outside. I decided to go for a quick jog in the woods before it started raining. By the time I reached home it started drizzling and I found Ray waiting for me in the hall decked in a raincoat. As soon as he saw me he ran towards me with my protein shake in his small hands.

" Careful Ray! You will fall down. Don't run. I am not going anywhere." I tried to slow him down but he didn't bother at all.

" Chachu, drink this fast and put this raincoat. We need to get flowers for Yaaya. Come come let's go" he started towards the main door with hopping steps.  I was thrown out of the loop after listening to what he said. Flowers for his Yaya!!?? Where did he get this idea from?!!? And why didn't my dumb brain ever think of this?!! It appeared Ray wanted to use all means to impress his Yaya. I started towards the keyholder to get the car keys but his words stopped my steps. "Why do we need car to go to our garden Chachu? We can walk or we can go on your bicycle." I was boggled by his words. He wanted to get flowers for Anaya from our garden. The garden which was planted by Hiten Bhai for Sanghvi Bhabhi. When she conceived Ray, her health was very delicate as it was a late pregnancy and she was always under the duress. In order to divert her mind from the stress, Hiten Bhaiyya gifted that garden to her. Try both planted it together and it was their Haven. Ray stopped going to that garden after Bhabhi and Bhaiyya's death. Flowers brought him pain instead of happiness. They reminded him of his loss and loneliness. At that tender age, his innocent heart guided him to escape this agony by staying away from things which reminded him of his parents.

" If you want to give flowers to your Yaya we could buy them in any shop. Why do you need to pick them? Also why do you want to give flowers to your Yaya?" I asked him. " Mamma used to say that flowers bring happiness and they will make us feel special. I want Yaya to be always happy and want to tell her how special she is to me. So when I asked her last night what her favorite flowers were, she told me that she liked all flowers. We have so many nice flowers in Mamma's garden. And they are very beautiful than the ones in the shop. I used to pick them with daddy and give them to Mamma, you remember. Now I want to share them with Yaaya. Do you think she will like them? May be we should buy from the shop only. What if she doesn't like what we get from our garden? " He started doubting his decisions. But what stunned me was how he was able to talk about Bhabhi and Bhaiyya without tears in his eyes and distress in his voice. He was even talking about the things he did with them and was more than willing to share them with Ananya. Was he thinking of Ananya as a mother figure?? I was in a dilemma if I should put a rein on his expectations. But at the same time I was also worried if he would be lost completely if I hampered his budding friendship with Ananya. What about Ananya?? Where does she stand with all these new developments in her life? I knew that she had a heart of gold but wasn't this too much to ask of her?!? It wouldn't be fair to her and it would be selfish of me to levy this burden on her. She had been through a lot after losing her parents and she was able to connect with Ray on an emotional plane because of her cognizance with the same pain as Ray. She was deprived of her childhood because of unforseen reasons and from what I had noticed till now, she was not leaving any stone unturned to shower love on Ray. There were no boundaries in showing and expressing her affection towards Ray. There was no confusion, no apprehension, no doubt while accepting his fondness in return. Unconsciously she was embracing the motherhood that was ingrained in her as a woman. They were both giving each other the purest form of love. I was worried about how this society would attempt to corrupt their love in its contempt to snuff out anything that doesn't adhere to its rules. I had the resources in my hands to protect them from anything except for the kind of emotional pain they would experience if anything went wrong with their beautiful relationship. For the first time, I felt helplessness crawling up my soul because of what was happening between Ray and Ananya.