Chapter 12

Hi All!!

This chapter gives you insights into Anya's emotional status and her love for her parents and brother.

The image shows the bottles filled with candies that are sent to Anya by her Grandpa.

Anya's POV

I never realized that Vikrant was hurting so much not just for our parents but for me, his sister whom he lost in many ways. I clutched the envelope in my hands and rocked on my knees. My fingers found something in it, even though I wanted to cry for the time I lost with my brother my heart guided me to open the envelope and see what is the thing that was able to bring me back from my gloominess.

I found keychain with the scooter's key. The key chain is hanging from a heart shaped glass prism covered in many photos. On close inspection I found that they were the pictures of me, Vikrant and my parents. We were smiling in all the pictures. Then I realised something very significant, the difference in Vikrant smile then and now. His eyes shone with love in these pictures where as now there is some unnamed sadness whenever he looks at me. After looking at the pictures, I decided that I want my brother back, the same brother whose smile showered me with so much love. But for that to happen, he should find his sister back. Unknowingly we are holding back each other, which is a crime we are committing towards each other. I may not be able to trust every other person, but Vikrant I can trust with everything and anything.

Now I understood why he never expressed his love for Ishana SIL. He was guarding his heart from any pain like how I am guarding mine. If he did not take a step towards SIL and embrace her love I wonder where he would have been. It must have taken a lot of courage for him to let Ishana SIL in his life. Now he has a loving family of his own, yet his eyes say that he is missing a part his heart and a part of his life, which is me, his sister.

I opened the journal and found a picture of my parents with Vikrant standing beside them with me in his arms hugging his neck. It brought some deep buried memories which were driving away the dark clouds that were hovering around me till now. The clouds that kept me from loving, living and enjoying life. I closed my eyes and let the memories come to me. There were so many silly things which brought a smile to me and filled my being with pleasantness.

"Love is strength,
It never holds you back from your happiness.

Love is light,
It never leaves you alone even in the darkest of darkness

Love is faith,
It never lets you give up and urges to find your best "

- Vanditha

Mom and Dad though not with us, were always guiding and protecting us. I knew then that I was never alone with so much love surrounding me. I got up from my bed, went near the window, inhaled the fresh breeze and thanked Dehradun for bringing me to it's lap. This city gave so much to me till now, that it is now a part of me more so ever than Hyderabad where I was brought up. I closed my eyes and promised my parents that I will live my life to the fullest and to the best I can.

The clock struck 9 prompting me to leave for work. I got on my scooter which gave me power to ride away from the invisible chains holding me since years and unlocked it using the keychain which helped me open my heart to my loved ones which I locked away to protect from anymore pain.  I took out a flower of each kind and made a small bouquet to put on my table, to remind me of the happiness that is always around me.

I reached the office early and decided to inform Priya about it. After parking the scooter,you I stepped out of the parking station and started walking towards the office with the bouquet in one hand and mobile in the another. I started messaging Priya to inform about my early arrival. I heard the blaring sounds of  honking infront  me and lifted my head just in time to see a bike stop inches from me. I held the bikes handle to stop myself from falling. After ensuring that I was not walking on the middle of the road, I decided to give the driver a nice good speech about his mad driving skills.

I could not utter a single word after he removed his helmet because it was him, my hijacker. He who hijacks my mind with his one look. I could not understand why we always meet when no one is there around to help me and save me from his ensnaring gazes. He hijacked my brain again and I requested it to give its control back to me, which it conveniently ignored. I did the only thing which worked before, I closed my eyes, regulated my breath. I gathered my wits along with my things and started walking away from there, when his laughter like a wind chime sparked my heart with fluttering sensations. However his next words thundered my heart and stopped me in my tracks.

Well guys, I hope you liked the chapter.

I know last few chapters were more about Anya and her family

It is necessary to know where she is coming from to understand her actions and responses much better.

Do vote and comment guys