Chapter 22

My dearest lovely readers!!

Thanks a lot for your wonderful support and response. It is because of your support our story is in the top 100 of Romance Genre.

Your beautiful comments and feedback helps me a lot to improve myself and present you all with the best I could write.

Here is the new chapter. Happy Reading.

Kai's POV

The next morning I decided to take a walk to clear my mind. I took a well trodden path covered by the dried fallen leaves and walked through the woods passing small ponds, hillocks and finally reached the lake surrounded by thick tall trees. I started towards the log cabin which is situated on the banks of this lake. I stepped on the deck leading to the rear entrance of the cabin. As I entered the cabin I observed that it was no longer uninhabited. There were Chinese, Italian and Mediterranean takeaway boxes on the kitchen platform. They confirmed my suspicions that people who were inhabiting the cabin now were non other than my friends. Only we use this cabin even though it is located in our family estate. This cabin holds a very special place in our lives. When we were still new to the business world, we all agreed that we needed a place for ourselves, a place to hangout, a place where we could meet each other, a place to have fun and most importantly a place which provides us privacy. These thoughts led to the decision of building this cabin. It was really a place which me and my friends call ours for all purposes. Whenever we were together we would always hang out in this cabin. It was like a second home to us. We shared many special moments here, which played a crucial role in shaping us who we are today in our lives. I heard the soft sounds of the breathing from the make shift gym we cobbled together and made my way towards it. Once I stepped into the gym we all acknowledged each other and continued with our routines. After the workout we approached the chairs that were placed methodically on the porch and relaxed under the morning sun.

"Nik, You told me that they would come directly to the office this morning. Then what changed?", I directed my question to Nik. " Well Josh arrived with Danny and Rag last night. I met them at the airport and we decided to crash here." Nik replied to me while looking at Danny questioningly. " What?!! I needed to get out of that place,so I took a commercial carrier to Singapore and from there I flew with these two. What is so suspicious about this now!?", Danny said. " Whom did you upset this time and how far do I need to go to appease them? ", I asked Danny. " I did not upset anyone and you need not appease anyone. I just wanted a break from work,"he replied to me. "Uh-huh. So I guess things did not work out between you and what was her name,Ishita? Ipshita? It's a pity though. If I was not wrong, she had been very much interested in you. I thought she would the one to tame you and you would settle with her. So what went wrong?", I smirked at Danny after saying this. " Ipshita?! Daughter of Mr.Singhania? As usual your taste in women sucks Danny. I wonder if your brain becomes non functional in the presence of women. When they flock around you, it appears as if you block every logic. You date the first available female and ditch her before I blink. Ipshita!! Seriously what made you even consider her as an option for your date? Don't tell me you dated her for the thrill of it!! With your penchant for adventure I sometimes get nightmares thinking about the woman whom will choose to marry. And you being an adrenaline junkie does add oil to my worries ", Rag commented even before Danny could reply. " At least I have some women vying for my attention. I don't see any woman near you Mr. Newton. I did not date her. And she is most definitely not my type. As for me settling, you guys will be wowed by the woman whom I will marry, " Danny bragged. " I doubt we will be wowed, more likely we will be creeped out by your choice. In all these years of our friendship, the only good choices you made were related to the business. When it comes to women you were as bad as Rag is at driving, infact worse. For the sake of our mental peace I appreciate it a lot if you stick to your serial dating ways instead of trying to settle down. No matter how great a friend you are I cannot see some poor woman tied to for eternity. Rag is right,my conscience will kill me with terrifying dreams if I stand aside and watch that horror happen instead of protecting that poor soul. Kai, we will gladly assist you anytime in bailing him out of any trouble he cause. So please refrain from putting any ideas of settling with some woman in his brain. I do not wish upon any girl that fate of being Danny's wife." It was Josh who replied this time. Danny slumped his shoulder after listening to Josh and turned to Nik," Is this why you asked me if I could come here? It appears as if you guys have planned to have fun at my expense. I did not expect this from you Nik, of all of these "so called" friends. How could you also be so cruel!!!"