Chapter 40

Anya's POV

No matter how hard I tried not to think of the dream, the image of Kai drenching in blood rain asking me not to leave him kept popping every time I closed my eyes. My heart clenched at the thought of him in such pain. I really wished there was someone with whom I could share my fears and worries caused by last night's nightmare. There was no one whom I can ask what that dream actually meant. I was confused if that I should just put it aside treating as a figment of my active imagination or should consider it as a premonition.

 I thought of asking my grandma but dropped the idea as soon as I realized the worry it might cause her if she knew that I dreamed about blood and more importantly my parents. Also the other thing which held me back from approaching her was that I couldn't tell her about Kai and his role in my dream. What would I tell her if she asked me about Kai!? She would try to dig deep about Kai and the dream. She knew me like the back of her hand and it would not take her much time to realize the impact of Kai's presence in my life. From what Vikki told me few days back it would not surprise me if she tried her hand at making a match of both me and Kai. 

As soon as the thought of me and Kai together as a couple sprung up in my mind, a shiver ran down my spine. Not the chilly one which would freeze the blood in the veins but the warm tingly which brought  butterflies in my stomach. Butterflies!!! An incident of last night flashed in front of my eyes as soon as I thought of butterflies. I bit my lip in concentration to remember more about that memory. As the events of last night became more clear to me, I was certain of few things. The first and foremost was that I was way more deeper in this quagmire of relationship with Kai than I was actually thinking. Secondly, there is this glaring fact that I might not be able to hide my feelings and emotions from Kai, especially in his presence. Last but not the least important was that Kai expressed to me very blatantly not only through words but also through his actions that he was  interested in me just like Urmi and Rina said. 

I was shameful to admit that I was not just happy but elated with the recognition of Kai's feelings for me. My cheeks heated with this new realization, I felt warm form inside and there was something happening at the base of my stomach which was rattling me further. I walked towards the balcony and opened the doors letting the cold air inside with a hope that it might help me in toning down these blazing emotion in me. My heart was beseeching me to get to the bottom of what was happening to me but I was adamant in putting a stop to this torrid sensation engulfing me. I was worried that this ardor would surge inside me sweeping away everything in its path leaving no place for anything else other than this igneous feeling. I felt as if all my nerve endings were being singed with a sweltering energy giving them new spirit and life in turn filling me with new enthusiasm.

I was unnerved by what was happening to me. It was like I was not in my own body but I was possessed by something which was controlling my heart and mind. If I was scared by what I used to feel in Kai's presence before now I was petrified by these  transformations in me. At one end I wanted to explore this wonderful warmth tingling my sensitivities but at the other end I was fearful of the unknown that was awaiting me. As a person who had always put emotions away so that I could not be affected by them, I was also anxious and it was also difficult for ,e to explore this alien inkling that was conquering  my being with every passing moment spent with Kai.

I was flustered recollecting the last night incidents where I have unabashedly confronted him about his change in behavior with me. I was still not sure as to what possessed me to tell him about my butterflies. I was waiting for my inner conscience to humiliate  me for such stupid action of mine. But nothing of such sort happened instead I found my inner voice telling me that it was proud of me for exercising my rights on Kai at least then,before it became too late. It chided me for withholding my feelings and emotions and implored me to share them with Kai. This new development of my heart perturbed me. Instead of becoming clear the things were spiraling into an enigma which was awaiting with open arms to swallow me.