Chapter 10

Hi, I hope you are ready to know more about Anya.

Enjoy reading this chapter.

Anya's POV

I was ready for the day even though it was just 7:30 in the morning. I was greeted by a whiff of mouthwatering delicious Parathas (methi) as I reached the dining hall. After exchanging pleasantries with Mr&Mrs. Mehra, I started digging in. I received a call from Priya asking to wait for her near the gate as she is going to Flower Dale, family owned wonderful flower boutique. It houses beautiful flowers from all over the world, according to Mrs. Mehra. As I stepped out of the compound, I found myself staring at a white scooter decorated with balloons and ribbons. I was still gawking at it when Priya arrived there and started honking. She parked her bike and came to see what grabbed my attention. She was awed after looking at the scooter and was fawning over it. A young man wearing a cap with dreams concierge written on it approached me with a bouquet of my favorite flowers. He left after placing the bouquet in my hands astounding Priya even more.

One look at the bouquet was enough for me to realise who sent this scooter. I approached it and placed the bouquet on the seat and stared at it, still racking my brain for the reason why I am receiving these gifts now. I found a cloth envelope tucked in between the balloons hanging from the handle and took it out carefully. As soon as I opened it, I could not stop myself from laughing looking at the image of the girl riding a bicycle on it. Then I took out a diary which looked like some journal from the ancient times from the envelope. Priya approached me with her wide surprised eyes after looking at the things in my hands. She started reading out aloud the words on the card of the bouquet.

"
Hiii AB,

I miss u. Do u miss me? U liked the bouquet? These are your favorite flowers. I remember it.

With lots of Kisses,
Ur Rikki
😘😘😘
"

Priya was astonished and turned her accusing eyes towards me and starting tapping her feet impatiently telling indirectly that she is waiting for my response. Before I could utter a word, my mobile started playing Hymn by the Cold Play, my ring tone. When she saw the called ID as Rikki, I was worried her eyeballs would fall out of the sockets.

" ABBBB!! Did you see your new scooter? Did u get my bouquet? Did u get Mom's envelope? I even got balloons for your scooter. AB, there are kisses in some balloons," screamed my 7 year old nephew Rishik, as soon as I answered the video call. I could see his enthusiasm and excitement while waiting for my reply. " Yes Rikki, I loved the bouquet. You sent me kisses also?! I like kisses a lot Rikki. Thank you so much for the bouquet, balloons and chocolates. Who helped you buy them anyway? Mom or Dad??", I asked him.

My SIL answered my question sitting beside Rikki. " Who else will help him? Your brother and me. Actually I helped them both or should I say resolved their arguments over the colors of balloons, flowers and the type of chocolates. I felt I was dealing with 2 seven year olds instead of one grown up and a kid. No one would believe your brother is from special forces if they saw him at that time. At times like these I wonder what I saw in him to be so madly in love with him. Hmmm I guess it is too late now to lament about it now. Pchhh", she heaved a sigh as if she is really thinking in such lines.

" If my memory serves right, it was you who chased him. And my fool of a brother because of his stubbornness almost lost you. Then again none of us knew that he was already beyond redemption and utterly, madly, deeply in love with you. Who knew my tough, soldier brother had a romantic side hidden in him!", I said. After hearing this she started laughing.

" My lovely Ladies, I am standing right here and you Mrs. Reddy, you dumped a whole glass of juice on one of your suitors, when he bad-mouthed me. And this happened when I was in ur security detail. And he still holds grudge over me for saving you from his guards. I sacrificed so much and put my life in danger for you so many times, but you doubt my love. What could be more cruel and painful than this?! Oh God, what have I done to deserve-", my SIL stopped Vikrant's banter by putting her hand over his mouth. I could see Rikki giggling beside them. I laughed along with him, which brought the lovely couple from their love-hate argument.

Theirs is a very interesting love story. Vikrant was her security head when she first saw him. She came into his life as a storm and changed it for the better. I am eternally thankful to her for being in his life. Rikki came into their life after one year of marriage. He was an unexpected surprise to all of us.

Vikrant is Anya's elder brother living with his wife Ishana and son Rishik. Apart from her grandparents these are the people who are close to Anya's heart as of now.