Chapter 41

Anya's POV

With a thundering heart I started walking out of my room. My mind thinking about all the possibilities about what was awaiting me outside. And who was this unknown person and how did they get hold of my number. I stopped at the threshold of the house pondering if I should even bother about this message and go out or ignore it and go back into the house.

" Time is running out darling. It is in everyone's best interest if you came out and see your surprise.     XOXO UR SWEETHEART."

I was shocked by the contents of the message.  But after few seconds I couldn't hold back the smile threatening to escape from my lips. I walked in haste towards the gate to welcome my surprise. As soon as I opened the gate I was engulfed by two pairs of arms. If it was any other time I would have been frustrated because of getting cuddled by some random strangers. But these people were not strangers but my best friends, more than that my sisters by heart. It was indeed the best surprise by far to find myself in their embrace after going through the emotionally draining events since last night. 

All that confusion, anxiety and worry took the form of tears and threatened to spill from my heart and eyes. I choked on my grief as I didn't want them to be burdened by my problems as soon as they came here. They are not my best friends just for no reasons and they stiffened in my arms indicating that they had already realized that something was off about me. Instead of badgering me about the reasons for such sad state of mine they just held me even closer to them and patted my back slowly communicating with their touch that they were there for me. 

I couldn't hold back anymore after the affection they showered on me and burst into silent sobs with my shaking body as a clear and an only sign that I was crying. I vented out my agony of being helpless. I vented out my heartache caused by the thought of being away from Kai. I vented out my despair of finding no hope of happiness. I vented out my anguish of not being capable enough to take a chance for a new start in my life. I vented out my misery of losing my parents and  the pain of missing them. After what felt like hours, I wiped my tears and came out of their hold and gave them a watery smile which I was sure did not reach my eyes from the worry evident in their eyes.

"Sorry, I spoiled your surprise with my crying. Don't know what came over me." I told them sheepishly. Rina cocked her eyebrow and looked at Urmi and then at me before uttering the words which made my heart light.

" Wooowww,  You are seriously no longer our Anya. I mean you were the one who always said There is no place for Sorry or Thank you in our friendship. And today you are going back on what you told us since our friendship took root. Tsk Tsk Tsk. People do really change after they fall in love Urmi. The Anya we know would never apologize to us at least not for such things. What do you think Urmi?" 

"Hmmm, I must agree with Rina here Anya. I didn't expect this from you. Rina, I can understand because she is a rebel and loves to break the rules. But you Anya, this is not at all acceptable. I am very disappointed in you. Pch Pch Pch." Urmi sighed.

"Hey,I am not in Love alright. Stop trying to trap me with your words. It is nothing like that. I was overwhelmed after seeing you. I have been in an uncomfortable state since last night and I couldn't control after finding myself with you guys again.  " I slowly explained the reason for my outburst. They didn't respond for few seconds and looked at me inquisitively with curious eyes. Rina broke the silence hanging awkwardly between us.

" What did your Kai do to upset you? Tell me. Did he bully you? You don't worry about a thing now that I am here." 

Her words flustered me and I hoped my face did not look like an orange. I decided to divert the topic from Kai before they both changed my complexion to a bloody tomato with their words.