Chapter 20 - The Return

~ Davina

I can't quite figure out if I'm waking up, or if I'm awake and the world is spinning faster than normal. My head is thumping. Where am I? What's going on?

"Davina, wake up!" A familiar voice repeats, echoing.

I groan. I flutter my eyes open, and as soon as light hits my eyes, I have to frown to ease the pounding in my head.

"Come on Davina, you need to get up now. We need to go," Emma says, pulling me to my feet.

Blood rushes, I'm lightheaded and I sway, almost falling.

"Emma I don't think she's in a state to go anywhere right now. She probably has a concussion. We need to get her to the hospital," Snow says, holding me up.

"Do you mean the hospital that's slowly disappearing?" Emma snaps.

"Get out the way. We won't need the hospital," Regina says as she pushes through the small group, and I'm confused and surprised at her arrival. She holds my head, placing her hand over the growing bump. I see a purple light, I feel a sting and then, nothing, "Better?"

"Much, but what happened?"

"We'll explain on the way. Come on," Regina says, nodding to the exit.

I grab my sword off of the floor and follow them out of the cannery. Everyone's walking faster than usual, and I can sense the panic in the air. Henry, Snow, and Charming split off, while Regina, Emma and I continue to the mines.

"So, what? Are you two friends now?" I ask, still confused.

They look at each other. "We're allies," Emma says.

"So, are you going to explain? Or am I going to continue to be confused and passively compliant?" I say.

"When you ran after Tamara, Neal...was seriously injured. The portal was growing, he fell in, but I caught him and then he...and then he let go to save everyone else. He's...he's gone..." Emma begins, pausing as she holds back tears. "Mary Margaret, David, Regina, Henry and I went to find you. We saw what was going on with you and Tamara. Before you could answer, Greg hit you on the head and they ran. They triggered the diamond. Storybrooke's on its way out."

"And we're going to the mines...why?"

"The only thing strong enough to activate the diamond is a dwarf axe. They knew that, and well, I'm going to...slow it down," Regina answers.

We descend into the mines, and I instantly struggle to breathe.

"I can feel it. It's like the oxygen's being sucked out of the air," Emma says.

"Not the oxygen. The magic," Regina corrects. We turn the corner, and we see the diamond, floating and glowing. "There it is. Once it stops glowing, it's destruction is achieved. I'll try to contain its energy as long as I can."

"Won't be long. We'll have the beans soon. We can get the hell out of here," Emma says.

Should I tell them I have magic beans? I do need them. Everyone wants to go back to the forest, and I need to go back to Neverland.

Regina huffs, "Slowing the device... It's going to require all of the strength I have."

Emma's face falls, "You're not coming with us, are you? When you said goodbye to Henry, you were... saying goodbye."

"What?" I say, but I'm ignored.

"He knows I love him, doesn't he?" Regina says.

"Regina, no! There has to be another way!" I yell.