Chapter 23 - So They Meet Again

~ Pan

Everything appears to be going to plan. Henry is here, which means that soon he can 'save magic' - or really, save me. He has no idea. Neither do any of his family of idiots. Well, maybe, apart from Emma, she seems to have her head screwed on properly. She's the only one who has a realistic perspective on everything and doesn't have her head in the clouds. Her, and Davina. That's someone I haven't seen for a long time. I know she's on the island, and she's either avoiding me, or waiting for the perfect moment to announce her presence. I have no idea what she's doing, but I know there were disturbances in the Echo Caves, Dark Hollow, and Skull Rock and I can guarantee that it's Davina's doing. I don't know what she's up to, but if there are any more disturbances, then I'll have to knock her out myself and bring her to camp. I need that map. But I'm also extremely intrigued by this third prophecy. How is she, of all people, going to affect my life? She's just a Lost Pirate Girl who got me the map that I need to complete the last part of my plan, right after that, Henry is of no use to me. I walk out of the tree house to the camp, where Henry sits in the corner, ignoring us all, and where the Lost Boys are building a fire. I call Felix over, and he jumps up from his seat and walks over to me.

"Felix, what did you find out about the disturbances?" I whisper.

"The Shadows wouldn't talk, but when I got to the Echo Caves, it looked like someone had been there. There were...bootprints all over the place."

"And Skull Rock?"

"Nothing I can tell you. It seems like something you'll have to do yourself."

"Fine. I'll do it later."

"Are we still gonna get Henry to play the game later?" Felix asks, looking over to him.

"Of course. We can't let our new guest miss out on our games. It's rude," I say, smiling.

"I'll go and get the dreamshade."

Felix takes two of the others with him before wandering off into the forest to collect more dreamshade. I leave Ricky temporarily in charge, before either Felix or I return. I need to go and investigate what trouble Davina's been causing. Before leaving, I check on Henry, who has moved to lie on the ground, probably sleeping, and I make my way to Skull Rock.

~ Davina

It would have been a good idea to stall time and check what waits in the water below, and any other possible exits, but I suppose it runs in the family for having a dramatic flare. As I soar down, I see the rocks rushing towards me. I think that this could very well be the end of me, but as I near the water, I see that luck is on my side and that I'm heading into a deeper area. I welcome the mixture of warm and cold water as it engulfs me, plummeting down into the depths until I slow to a stop. When I know that I'm not going to go any further, I open my eyes and I can see surprisingly clearly so deep down. But, I suppose, that's one of the gifts of magic. Magical waters and magical powers. I can see the vibrant coral, the miles of sea bed, glittering shells and colourful fish. I look up, and see the rays of sun shining through, making the waters sparkle and glisten. I could stay down here forever, but I have things to do and certain people to see. I push myself up to the surface, the sun warming my skin instantly. I swim to shore, the tide aiding in pushing me forward. When I'm finally on land, I remember the map in my inside pocket. I hurriedly take it out, but of course, it's dry. I should have expected as much. This bloody magical map...I need to be rid of it. I think it's time for Pan to be graced with my company.

- - -

I've been searching for Pan for hours. I'm sure that it's going to be night soon. It would be easier if I didn't have to avoid my own family. I'm still debating whether to see him after I deliver the map to Pan. After all, I'm probably a dead girl walking. Unless I can find a way to escape Davy Jones, or a way to hide until the day I die a proper a death, then I'm...screwed. Royally screwed. I sigh, stopping in the middle of the jungle and suddenly feeling extremely unmotivated. I look up, and all I can see are treetops, with the last rays of sunlight streaming through the very few gaps between the leaves. I look down, and I can barely see my boots. It's amazing what can happen in a year...or however long it's been here. It almost seems unreal. Peter Pan and Neverland in the 'real' world are such legends, particularly in stories, with an infinite amount of magic, which is why all the kids love it so much. All the versions have fairies, and mermaids, and flying and freedom. I've never seen it. What happened? What went wrong? Maybe I'll get those answers along with everything else I need to talk to him about. I knew that getting making the deal to stay, and then getting that map would get me wrapped up in so much more than I wanted. Then, everything goes dark. Evening. Now I can't see anything. I create a fireball and make my way to the beach. Tonight, I'll sleep with sound of the sea on the sand. I build a fire, catch a fish, cook it and watch the waves all the way out to the horizon as I eat. I notice how big the moon is here, compared to other places. It looks like an island of it's own. I create a bed, using palm tree leaves to stop sand from getting in uncomfortable places. With the fire set to go for hours, I lie down, close my eyes and wait for sleep to take over.