Chapter 26 - Pan's Plans

~ Davina

I don't go straight back to camp that evening, instead, I stay back and discuss how they're going to save Henry, and how I'm going to save myself. Hook, actually all of them, are opposed to my idea of drinking the water and staying in Neverland. I keep arguing that at least I'll be alive, and they can always come and visit if they want to.

They're unamused by my joke.

"And what stops Davy Jones from coming here and figuring out a way of taking you with him when he leaves?" Hook says as I walk to and fro while we talk.

"Nothing. But it's my best option. As soon as I touch water, I'll be in his grasp and eventually, part of his crew," I reply.

"Say he does work out how to take you away. How are you going to fight back?" Snow says.

"Excuse me?" I ask, surprised by her input.

"I may be a Princess but I know that to survive, you have to fight. Regina knows more than anyone," she says.

I look at Regina, who simply shrugs in agreement.

"And how do you propose I fight the pirate who controls the Kraken, has his own prison for those who betray him and walks around with an empty cavity where his heart should be? Which, I should mention, is not like the rest of us. It doesn't glow, and you can't control him through it. It's a normal, 'human' heart." I turn to Emma, "Any ideas?"

"I'm...still processing the fact that Davy Jones and the Kraken are real," she replies.

"Oh come on, Emma. Your parents are Snow White and Prince Charming, your son was adopted by the Evil Queen, whose mother is the Queen of Hearts, and, your son's father is the son of Rumplestiltskin. Oh, and, we're in Neverland. Something tells me you need to speed up your processing...process."

"What...is Davy Jones?" Regina asks.

I turn to her, "You really don't know?"

"Even I know...but I could be wrong. I've only seen the movie," Emma says.

"I'm not much of an artist, but, I'm pretty sure Neverland has enough magic for me to show you," I say.

I summon a bowl and disappear momentarily to fill it with water. When I return, I sit where the light of the fire hits just right, holding the bowl in my hands. I use some of my magic, seeing a blue glow emanating from my palms under the bowl. I feel my magic fuelling the water, and soon, it begins to spiral up and out of the bowl. I imagine it bending to my will, and soon, it starts to bend and twist. As I speak, it changes.

"Davy Jones began as a man, but because of love, he made a bargain. Once every ten years he can visit dry land. Before, it was to reunite with his true love, but now it's to check that his heart remains in the place he left it. Years passed, he abused his power and became a monster." I begin, the water changes from showing a young man, to his current form. "One hand is a claw, the other a tentacle. His face is like an octopus, tentacles hanging down, his mantle on the back of his head, but he has human eyes. His ship is covered in parts of the sea. Shells, clams, limpets, starfish, and seaweed. His crew, a variety of sea creatures, become part of the ship. You'll never see him, because he rises out of the ocean, and kills. Not mercilessly, no, he kills tactfully, picking those who he can make part of his crew," I finish.

The water collapses neatly back into the bowl. I set it aside, and stand up so I can see everyone. Night has fallen, so we make a couple of torches to light our camp.

"So, he's made of water? Or, he can't survive without it?" Regina asks, and I shake my head.

"Well, what's water's biggest opposite?" Regina says.