Chapter 2 - Never Underestimate a Pirate

~ Felix

"We need to find her!" I yell through gritted teeth, a futile attempt to contain my rage.

"We will Felix, calm down," Ricky says.

"Pan said we have to take anyone who shows up in Neverland. We've just lost the one person who will get him what he's looking for. I'm not gonna calm down, and if you tell me again, you're gonna be the one to get the dreamshade. Got it?" I spit, and he nods. "Now do something useful."

He nods again, rounds up the boys, and we begin our venture through the forest, following our footprints from the night before, checking the trees. And eventually we find her, far away from the clearing, laying on the branch with her legs up against the trunk. She's rolls and flips a coin through her fingers, unfazed by our arrival.

"Well look who finally showed their face. Nice of you to join me," she says, not moving.

"Just come with us Davina," I say.

She sits up, her legs swinging over the edge and for a moment, I believe she's going come with us. "Sorry love, you're not my type," she replies, jumps up and speeds off again.

"Should we chase after her?" Asks my second-in-command, Alexander.

"No, there's no point...Pan just got back," I say as I watch her disappear, smiling as the energy shifts on the island.

~ Davina

I jump to the ground as the trees suddenly get thinner, with branches that would instantly break under my weight. It's strange how the trees go bare and thin, and the ground is just dried dirt and dead leaves, whilst the rest of the island is covered with vibrant greenery. I turn, walking backward and looking up at the change from darkened forest to clear blue sky and the sparse trees. I turn around and bump into someone. I jump, and I start slowly stepping backwards, away from the figure that had just appeared out of nowhere.

"Davina, right?" He greets in a clear British accent while leaning against a tree.

I bump into a tree and stop, "Who are you?" I ask.

"Oh sorry, I'm so rude...I'm Peter. Peter Pan," he replies.

So here's the one they're all fussed about. He's not much by way of intimidation, but attractive to say the least.

I snort, "So you're him? Really? Is that all?"

"Aren't you supposed to be with Felix?" He asks, clearly confused.

"Oh, right...here's the thing mate, I uh, what do you call it...escaped?" I answer sarcastically. He's suddenly inches away from my face; this just makes me giggle. "You might want to teach them how to capture someone properly," I whisper with a smile.

He scoffs and takes a step back, "You're right. I should have just done it myself."

I frown, and in a second, I'm unconscious.

- - -

I wake up feeling very cramped. I roll on to my back, sitting up abruptly, only for my head to hit something. I flinch, carefully uncoiling my body as I open my eyes to discover that I'm in a wicker cage.

"Oh haha very funny," I mutter to myself. 

I look through a gap to see that I'm hovering above them. While I sit suspended and cooped up, they enjoy a bonfire and dance around it. Pan can't seem to hear me over his playing of a pipe flute, making me shout, "Hey, Pipe Boy, I wanna talk to you!"

That gets his attention. He clicks his fingers, and the cage falls. It lands with a crash, and I expect it to break, but nothing happens. The landing knocks me onto my backside, fuelling my irritation. I grunt as I sit back up, putting my face right up to the tiny gap so Pan can see my eyes at the very least.