Chapter 32 - From Villain to Hero

~ Pan

"Gone? What do you mean she's gone?" I yell.

"She was taken."

"By who?"

"Who do you think?" The Shadow says.

"Davy Jones..." I mutter.

I rush out of Dark Hollow and all the way back to my treehouse. In my room, I unroll a piece of parchment and replicate the map that Davina delivered to me from the Queen's palace as best as I can from memory. I need to know the way to Storybrooke, but I can't do that without a visual image or a map. As soon as I'm finished drawing, I use some pixie dust and the map glows for a few moments, before settling. I touch my outline of Storybrooke, and an image of a clocktower in a town square, with people walking about appear. With an idea of what Storybrooke looks like, I make my way to Mermaid Lagoon. There, I use the conch shell that sits on a rock on the shoreline. I blow into it, and soon, a whole swarm of mermaids appear.

"Hello, Peter," Cressida says. She's the lead mermaid, with long blonde hair and large green eyes.

"No time for talking. I need magic beans. Lots of them from all of you, and I need them today."

"Where do we go to find them?" Cressida asks.

"Everywhere. Travel between as many worlds as you can. I want as many beans as you can get. Use your bracelets to walk on land, and these shells to siren the merchants," I say and throw them a sundial shell each.

They nod at me and then disappear under the water. It should take them some time to collect the beans, but just enough time for me to gather supplies. I have a journey ahead, and a long one at that. My first stop won't exactly be...welcoming. I'm going to have to do a lot of convincing, but luckily for me, I have something that shouldn't belong to me but will help me all the same. I head to Spire Islands, the place on the island that homes all of my treasure, and Hook's. The piles of Hook's treasure hides the entrance to mine, and only I and Hook know where it is. It begins with climbing over the mountain of gold, and sliding down the other side, then moving the chest away from the steps leading down below ground. I'm the only one with the keys, which are on me at all times. There's a particular order in which the keys go as they're all connected, and it requires patience. Luckily, I have just enough to unlock the door; it slowly creaks open, and inside, my treasure sparkles in the candlelight. The object I need sits proudly on the small outcrop of rock in the wall. I remove it from the stand and wipe away the dirt and grime that covers the glass and silver. I slide it into the sack on my shoulder and then continue on to collect copious amounts of dreamshade and water from Dead Man's Peak. The Shadows left on the island hover around, some helping and others unsure what to do as they fear the one that is, unfortunately, still connected to me. I gather daggers and plenty of arrows. My conch shell sounds, notifying me that mermaids are back with the magic beans. But before I go, I pause outside Davina's bedroom. My hand rests on the doorknob. Davina has always been the hero, but right now, she can't be that. So now, I have to save her. The villain has to be the hero. Maybe this will help me gain my freedom. With a burst of determination, I push the door open. I open the chest, and inside I see a variety of Davina's belongings — her cape, parchment, her flask, a medallion, some other jewellery, a pistol, a frame with a drawing of Davina and her parents, and finally, her telescope. I reach in and attach it to my belt. Leaving the treehouse, I grab Davina's sword and as my last destination, I return to Mermaid Lagoon.

"How did you do?" I ask when I arrive .

"Hello to you too Peter," Cressida replies sarcastically. "Come on girls," and they all swim over, emptying their pouches onto the sand.