Chapter 6 : The Snowy Forest

You and Obi returned to find Mitsuhide and Kiki standing at the hallway, probably waiting for Zen. Obi placed you down gently and a sweet smile drawn on his face, sending you crazy inside. He just kissed you in the middle of a snowy forest and in search of the bandits, and you end up kissing him back. Who doesn't get embarrassed over kissing your own aide who just got to be your aide, you thought.

          "Master, we found them!"

          Obi said as Zen walked out of a room where Shirayuki is in, never knowing what business he have in there. But, oh well, you keep his business, he keeps yours. Easy. You were about to dash out of the fort with Zen when Obi attempted to carry you again and possibly jump out of the fort from the window. Seriously. Traumatised. You slap his hand away, 101 shades of red crept up on your face because you remembered the kiss whenever you see Obi's face.

          "Don't carry me, Obi! If you do, at least don't jump out from a high place please...!"

          You immediately dash out of the place, running close to Mitsuhide so he won't get close to you. You recalled back the moment when you kissed, and you shook your head vigorously, it send Zen to confusion.

          "(Y/N). What's wrong with you? And where's Obi? Why is he not with you?"

          "O-Oh, I'm fine, Brother Zen! Obi's probably got left behind, hahaha...!"

          "What did you say?"

          A different voice questioned you; a cheerful one, you can tell it's Obi. And it is. The look of confusion is getting more obvious on Zen's face when you reacting too much when Obi is close to you. You gave Zen an awkward smile, then look at the front only to almost bump on a tree. Obi quickly laid his back gently against the tree, stopping you from getting yourself hit on the tree.

          "Clumsy as ever, eh Princess?"

          You face and his are just few centimetres away and your lips almost got in contact, you can feel his hot breath as he speak, sending yourself in your dreams without you realising yourself. The kissing moment again, it kept on coming back. Obi then carry you bridal style.

          "Well, don't want you to hit anything, so here we go!"

          He dashed at high speed, making your hair looks messier than ever. You demand him to stop, but knowing him, he won't. You just cover your face from the wind that hits your face as he sprint his way close to Zen's group. Not wanting to fall, you wrapped your arms around his neck again.

          "Ohohohohoho, Princess. Wanting for more?"

          "N-No, it's not like that! I just don't want to fall because that will totally hurt, y'know!"

          "Well, I need your answer first then I can continue~"

          He gave you a wink, 'eww'ing him then. He pouted a little, and then you smacked his cheeks with your hands, trying to make him focus. You laughed then, making Zen's group looking at your way. They then stopped, followed by Obi, showing that you have arrived at the bandits' hideout.

          "Stay here, Princess. Make yourself useful."

          "How am I suppose to make myself useful when I'm going to sit here?"

          "Ugh, just be a backup or something."

          "Oh, great. My aide is ordering me. Well, once in a while, it is."

          You argued in your whispers, then Obi walked out of the bushes with Zen, Kiki and Mitsuhide. Zen then 'greeted' the bandits.

          "Was it you guys who attacked the fort? We're soldiers from the castle. It won't do for you to take people's things without permission."

          "Soldiers? What a small group! There's a woman over there too! You brought us just the perfect present!"

          They laughed hideously as you get into position, standby. Zen silenced the group of bandits when they start to mock Kiki for being a woman.

          "I can love this country because I know those who live here. Because Mitsuhide and Kiki are by my side, I can look forward without forgetting my position. Because there is someone I want to face, I can decide not to become someone she would turn her back on."

          Zen slashed the glass of wine into half, its contents spilling out of it. Touched, Kiki, Mitsuhide and Obi froze at where they stood. 

          "Don't worry, I'm not talking to you guys. These are words of gratitude."

          Zen continued as he looked up, glaring at each one of the bandits. The swords began clashing, punches reached bodies and scars are left permanent. As they fight off the bandits, you shot the bandits with your arrow, slowly the bandits are reducing.

          After all the battle, you and the others returned to the fort. Obi ended up carrying you; it's against your will, but since you were tired and can't move, then Obi's carrying you. Obi placed you gently on the bed, stroking your (H/L) beautiful (H/C) hair.

          "Your face sure is angelic, miss."

          He whispered before leaving, but you pulled his clothes, telling him to not leave then pulled him into the bed with you. Obi was stunned but couldn't do anything, since he can't defy you. Obi felt your cold hands, your arms shivering and then you sink into his wide chest, nuzzling your nose against his chest.

          "It's cold Obi. Warm me up."

          He oblige, and pulled you close to him. He stroke your hair again, loving its softness. You never knew why you did this, but oh well, once in a while, where's the harm?

          "Hey, Princess. Do you... know what's our relationship status right now? Because I'm super confused."

          "Princess and aide. What's the problem?"

          "Ouch. I thought it's more than that."

          Oh? Why do you think so?"

          He was silent then. You just realised that his heartbeat just got faster in every second. You continued.

          "To be honest, I don't know either. I just have this feeling that I like you, that's all. But I never thought that we're more than just princess and aide.

          "Oh? Well, I took an interest in you too, Princess."

          "So that means...?"

          "Yeah. And this is a secret between just us, Princess."

          He slowly close up the distance between you, kissing you, and you kissing him back, declaring one thing.

          You both are in love with each other, and secretly in a relationship.