Chapter 21 : The Dance

The night finally arrives. Invited guests have arrived with gorgeous dresses. Some decorated themselves like they're at a masquerade; wearing masks and such. You were told to standby in a waiting room until you are called.

          "Sheesh, what makes them ask me to do this? I wanna dance too!" You poured as you roll on the floor. "Oof, don't want the dress to get dirty, right?" You stood up and dusted yourself.

          At the gate, Kiki and Mitsuhide are waiting for the prince that will soon, be your fiancée. The gate is open and the prince is welcomed.

          "Welcome, Prince--"

          "Now, our most awaited guest, Prince..." Kiki and Mitsuhide, along with the prince turned towards the announcement from within the castle.

          "The first prince is calling. You don't want to be late, right?" Both of them paced up their walk, the prince reluctantly do so.

          The door to the waiting room where you're in opened. "(Y/N)?" You stood up, looking at Zen. "Let's go."

You step out of the room, Zen leading you the way to the main hall. Your heart beats fast somehow, awaiting for the dance in the hall.

You arrived at the hall, standing beautifully with all the guests' eyes stuck on you.

          'When can I dance?' You asked cheerfully to yourself but keep your image of the first princess of Clarines. Izana who stand beside you, pat your shoulder and gave you a gentle smile. The giant door opened slowly, revealing Mitsuhide and Kiki, soon revealing the prince you've awaited.

          "Welcome, Prince Raj."

Slowly approaching you with a kind smile, his calm eyes look straight into your panicked ones. The guests gave a round of applause for Raj's arrival.

          "Shall we dance?" He showed you his hand, asking you to hold it. When you take his hand, a typical romantic song starts to echo across the hall.

You look around and saw Zen and Shirayuki danced slowly, letting out a small giggle.

Raj pulled you closer by the waist, your face accidentally smashed into his wide chest, letting out a small whimper.

          He caresses your cheeks as you rub your nose from the impact. "I'm fine..." 50 shades of red starts to appear across your cheeks as you look away from the prince. With your hand in his and the other rested on his shoulder, you finally start to dance.

          You may be the number one fan of dancing, but you have no idea how to do so. It's been a long time; years, at least 8 years since Izana held a ball, resulting in you stepping on his foot every single time.

          "How about we take this slowly?" Raj suggested and you nodded shyly, then slow down your steps.

          "So let's go something like this. 1, 2, 3, 4..." He begin demonstrating you, still holding you close to him.

          "Twirl!" He whisper yelled at you, an you let out a shocked expression. He releases his hand on your waist and raise your hand that is in his.

          "Oh, twirl!" You twirl awkwardly then Raj pulled you close to him again. You blush away, keeping up with the rhythm.

          "That's more like it." He smiled at your figure, but you didn't look at him. Following the song, you danced slowly.

          "What a sight to see." Izana smiled at your way and Lord Haruka followed as well.

          "A wonderful couple, I must say." Lord Haruka exclaimed with a sigh after. "Unlike Prince Zen..."

          "Lord Haruka. You should've been grateful because I let you slip for that mistake. Next time, get prepared." Lord Haruka bowed apologetically, then Izana joined the dance.

You have switched partners, now dancing with Zen.

"Ho, (Y/N). Gorgeous I see. How long has it been since you last wear this kind of dress?" He look upon the fidgeting you, letting out a chuckle.

"It's Brother Izana's fault for not doing this for at least once a year." Pouting, Zen hugged you while still following the rhythm.

"Be happy, my little sister." He said, stroking your hair. You nuzzled at his chest for his warmth.

          "Alright, my big worrywart brother." You giggled at your own lines and you can hear him growl quietly.

          "Let's change pairs." You nodded, then twirled your way to another person.

          Those familiar pair of eyes gleamed by the colorful lights in the hall. "Hi, Brother Izana." You giggled as his arms snaked its way to your waist. Yours went wrapping his neck.

          "I kinda regret for not doing this ball once a year." He chuckled, his nose then pressed against your forehead. "You look beautiful, (Y/N)."

          You danced slowly then soon his lips pressed against your forehead. You smiled and went to where Raj is now.

          "(Y/N)." Before you could make your way to Raj, a familiar voice rang in your head. You closed your eyes in pain, soon the voice come again.

"(Y/N)..."

Run.