Chapter 19 : Ugly Truth

"Obi."

Mitsuhide called him as he stood against a pillar. Torou dragged him with her, releasing him once he laid himself against the wall, facing Mitsuhide.

"What is it?" Obi asked with his usual tone, but because of the pain he inflicted, his words stuttered slightly. "My 12 hours is almost up. The first prince might kill me if I don't leave soon."

"Actually..." Mitsuhide looked at his right. "The first prince wants to see you."

Obi's eyes flung open as the figure of the first prince appear in front of him. "Obi, I would like to ask you some questions. Follow me. If your acquaintance wants to come along, then she may."

Izana walk away, soon Torou dragged Obi with her, following the man. They entered his room and stood just few distance away from Izana. It's mood is a bit off, seeming that the first prince might hate Obi for hurting you.

"Obi, would you tell me why do you leave your princess?" Asked Izana, facing the window with a flower in his hand.

"There is no reason for you to know, your Highness." Obi bowed apologetically, unable to answer his question. Or to be precise, he can't.

"Oh, I think you really need to answer me." He approach the assassins with his other hand behind him, soon revealing a dagger and stab Torou at her side. She growled in pain, accidentally releasing Obi making him fall on his right arm. He hissed in pain as well.

"If you don't want her to get tortured, I think you should really answer me." He exclaimed, turning the dagger slightly, still in her flesh and Torou whimpered in pain. "Why did you hurt (Y/N)!?"

Obi gritted his teeth, holding his right arm while looking away. "I don't have a choice..." He murmured. He said it again in a louder voice when Torou grunted.

"What do you mean you don't have a choice!?" Izana said with his totally angry look for the first time in his life. He has never been this angry, and it's because of you. He can't stand his little sister getting hurt, so he had to do this for you.

"If I don't leave her, she will get hurt..." Obi said with a sad look plastered on his face.

"If you didn't leave her, she won't get hurt!" He pushed the dagger deeper in Torou, and she whimpered, looking at Obi and give him a wink.

"You don't understand..." Torou interrupted. "He's doing this for the sake of the princess' safety!"

Izana took few steps back, pulling the dagger off of her sides. She whimpered again, laid herself against the wall. "You don't know the sacrifice Obi had to make, your Highness."

"What do you mean!?" Izana yelled in fury.

          "He told me everything... Someone threaten him that the man will kill the princess if Obi doesn't leave the castle." Obi look down sadly, still holding his right arm. He tried to stand up, getting his eyes the same level as Izana's. "He isn't like those petty thugs you usually fight off... He's strong and a professional assassin! No matter how strong the securities here, he can slip in and take her life away!"

"SHUT UP!"

          Izana yelled, agitated of Torou. "And who would that man be?" Izana growled then put the dagger away. He glared at Obi and it felt like 100 knives stabbing Obi's eyes, but he endured it.

          "The leader of my small organization. If you can make him change his mind and let me go, then I'll return to Princess." Obi said, then turn to Torou to treat her cut. He tear a small part of his clothes and told her to press it against the cut as he tear some more of his clothes.

"If that's how it is. But now, I want you to leave. Until we know your leader's whereabouts, you are to stay out of our way in capturing the suspected man." Obi nodded, now it's his turn to carry the injured Torou.

"Instead of you searching for his whereabouts, I'll tell you where he is. Our hideout is at the forest where Princess got kidnapped. She knows where it is." Obi said and Izana nodded, exiting them from the room.

You woke up from your sleep, just realize that Obi's 12 hours is almost up. You dashed your way to the gate to spot him and Torou being escort to the gate.

"Obi!" You yelled from afar, freezing him at where he stopped. "Obi..." The only thing you can do is only call his name. Your lips forgotten other words, just his name.

"Princess."

You panted, your knees shaking. Your flushed red face from all the running, you look at his back.

"Don't come any closer." He starts to walk away. "Until all of this is done."

You only stood, watching him leaving the castle ground. You fell on the ground on your knees, once again tears rolling down your cheeks.

"I'll be waiting."