Chapter 9 : Raj Schenazade

"Ugh, I wanna go home."

          A frown formed on the prince of Tanbarun, Raj Schenazade's face as he look at the huge gate upon him. From afar, Obi watches the prince, then return to where you are, which is just behind the gate.

          "Well, Princess, Raj is here."

          "It's Prince Raj, Obi. Watch your manners."

          "Damn, Princess. You better start teaching me about manners from now on!"

          "Manners."

          "What?"

          "Damn? You sure know how to speak to me."

          The gate before you opened, revealing the prince of Tanbarun. He is anxious somehow, fidgeting around. You smiled at him, then he stopped and stood still.

          "Welcome to Clarines. I am the first princess, (Y/N) Wisteria. Nice to meet you."

          "Uh... Well, I'm Raj Schenazade of Tanbarun. I am honoured to make your acquaintance."

          You had a small chat with Raj as you lead him and his aide to the party room where Izana is at. Obi watched you and Raj; contently, when Raj starts to get close to you, slowly. You told him that Izana is very pleased that he is here at the party and wish to deepen the bond between them. Raj nods at every statement.

          You were welcomed with Zen and his aides standing behind him, leading you to the middle of the room where the foods are at. You had some macaroons as it's your favourite, and Raj takes macaroons too. You fangirled about how delicious the macaroons are, and Raj happily agrees with you.

          But Obi sure is pissed.

          Izana then greeted Raj, welcoming him to the castle of Clarines.

          "I am Izana Wisteria. Welcome, Raj. Since we have the chance to meet like this, let's dispense with the formalities. Come, let's go to the garden."

          Raj faces Izana with a worried smile drawn on his face. You patted his back, saying that it's going to be fun. He replied with a smile, following with a nod. Obi, yes, is totally pissed. But he couldn't do anything to stop you. He just have to be cautious. Cautious around Raj. Izana then approached you and Raj as you chat.

          "Oh, your conversation sounds interesting! May I join?"

          "Sure, sure. We were just talking about the macaroons we ate, Brother Izana! And Raj's stories when he was still young is so hilarious!"

          "Already off with the formalities? Well, great! Let's bring Zen along."

          You can't stop talking with Raj because of his stories, and Obi is slowly forgotten. But he didn't mind. He will have his time with you later. As you walk deeper into the garden, you can see Zen and Lord Haruka having a small talk. Lord Haruka then left when Izana greeted Zen.

          Meanwhile, Shirayuki managed to sneak into the party, eavesdropping. Obi then excuse himself and whisper to you in the ears,

          "I need to talk after all this."

          Obi then walked away, leaving you into confusion but brushed it away and concentrate on the current stories your brother's talking about. Obi then appeared behind Shirayuki, startling her and followed what she is doing.

          "Oh, Raj. I heard you had fallen for a red-haired girl. She's in the castle right now. If you have any lingering affection, I can prepare a seat for her here."

          "Lord Brother, you are reading too much into things."

          "Am I? It's a good chance, isn't it? The girl might want to go back to her home country, you know?"

          "Lord Brother!"

          Not understanding what is going on, you left for more macaroons. As you enjoy the macaroons, a hand then reached for you, dragging you away from the party. When you were out of anyone's sight, the man then carried you bridal style.

          "Obi, can you not?"

          "Be quiet."

          You were led to the other side of the garden, and you saw Shirayuki hearing the conversation at the other side contently, not wanting to disturb her. You just stood, crossing your arms and lean your back against a tree.

          "What's the meaning of this, Obi?"

          "Shush, keep your voice low, Princess."

          "Oh, I better get going. Break time's up."

          "Well Princess, let me carry you."

          You let Obi carry you, and Shirayuki and Obi ran out from the garden. You noticed that Shirayuki is down along the way out, but you didn't ask why. Obi put you down and walk into the castle, revealing Raj pushed against the wall by Zen. Zen left after he finished talking with Raj.

          "Princess (Y/N)! Where have you been?" Said Raj nervously.

          "Just came back from a walk, I suppose."

          "Suppose? What does that suppose to mean? Has your aide done something horrible? Has he done anything to you?"

          "No, Prince Raj Schenazade. You did something to her. You're disturbing her. You're an eyesore to me."

          Raj flinched of Obi's words. He backed off, agitated. He glanced at Obi then he looked at you with a smile.

          "W-Well, if that's what you think of me, then I suppose I should take my leave. Rest assured, Princess (Y/N)! I will come back for you and be the happiest queen of Tanbarun when I have both of your brother's approval. Until then!"

          Raj left then. You sighed, tired of all of this things that you have to deal with. Now, the last thing that you have to deal with is Obi's rage. His ugly glare, straight at where Raj left and with the nasty aura around him. You placed your hand gently on his shoulder, attempting to calm him down.

          "Obi, it's alright."

          You drag him with you to your room and laid him on your bed, Obi still cover his face with the back of his hand, annoyed of Prince Raj's face. After some time, he slept soundly on your bed, and you decide to leave him be. You lie down beside him, facing the other way and make your way to your dreams.

          'I will come back for you, Princess (Y/N).'

          You want to slap Raj so badly.