Chapter 18 : Reassurance

You forced the medics to treat the very injured man; scars all over his right arm, some deep cuts on his abdomen, some bruises and bloods splattered almost all over his face. You waited outside the medic room.

"Are you Princess (Y/N)?" Torou ask with a very cheerful tone despite Obi being treated inside. You answered with a nod.

"Is that so." She looked down, crossing her arms as in deep in thoughts. You couldn't care less; you're only waiting for Obi.

          "Did anything happen last night?" You asked, a bit curious as to why were they near the castle grounds.

          "Yeah... There's this small group of bandit that we're assigned to eliminate. Our leader said that they took his precious thing. We got it, but by the time the battle ends, Obi was really injured. The battle happened to be around the area, so yeah."

          The door to the room creaked open, revealing Chief Garak and Yatsufusa.

"He's in a very bad state, princess." She told, shaking her head slowly with a sad look plastered on her face. "We tried in any way we could--"

"What's with the ruckus?" Izana appeared from the other side of the hall, soon Chief Garak and Yatsufusa bowed at his direction.

"Brother Izana! It's Obi..." You look at him with sadness painted across your face, your hand in hand trembling.

"The man who left you? Kick him out in 12 hours." Izana ordered cruelly, not giving you a chance to change his mind. "I don't want anyone who hurts my sister to be in my sight." He soon left, leaving you crying in Torou's embrace.

"It's okay, princess. We'll leave as told." You look up to Torou's face and gave her a small worried smile and pulled away. Chief Garak allowed you to enter the room where Obi is in after you asked permission.

Now there you are, waiting for the person who loved you to wake up. You stood at the door with your fists clenched and gritted your teeth; things like this wouldn't have happen to Obi if he's still with the castle. Obi groaned, open one eye slightly, still in pain.

"Where am I?" He starts to move his head left to right to left, but haven't notice your figure.

"Ugh..." He growled, placing his hand on his forehead, blocking the ray of light coming in from outside.

"Just a little longer..." You slowly approach the man once he starts murmuring of something, making sure he doesn't notice you.

"I will come back when the time is right. Thank you Master, for giving me another chance." Your eyes flung open.

'He's coming back? When?' You covered your mouth with tears forming at the corner of your eyes, small sobs escape your lips as you watch him drifting to slumber. You approach the sleeping man, taking ahold of his hand that's resting at his sides.

"I knew it..." You place his hand close to your forehead, gritting your teeth as you tried to hold your sobs from being heard. You didn't want to wake him up, so you decided to leave.

         You were stopped by a figure standing at the door on your way out. "Brother Zen..." You smashed yourself into him, soon he pulled you into a hug. "Obi... He said he, he will come back." You exclaimed, sobbing between lines. Zen only hummed and stroke your hair gently, pushing away the locks and land a kiss on your forehead.

          "I believe in that." Zen continued shushing you, whispering in your ears trying to calm you down. He brought you, who's still crying, back to your room.

          "For now, rest. You have a ball to attend in few days so calm your mind and- yeah, rest." He close the door shut, leaving the shaking you on the bed. You cried again, muffled sobs as you hid your face in the pillow.

"Obi...!"

Few hours later, Torou wake Obi up from his sleep. Obi groaned, scratching the back of his head and hissed when he felt a slight pain on his abdomen.

"Don't worry, I'll help you." Obi nodded and let Torou take his uninjured arm, wrapping it around her neck and drags him with her.

"Torou...!" He growled of the pain as he called for her. "I need... to see the princess, one last time." Torou nodded with a frown, that time Chief Garak are watching them.

"I'll lead you the way." Chief Garak walk ahead, expecting them to follow her which they did. They arrived in front of the door which supposedly lead to your room. "Don't make too much sound. I checked her up before and she's sleeping." She told, placing her index finger against her lips as she slowly open the door.

Obi demanded Torou to let him go, trying to walk alone. He wanted to see you one last time, before he's gone for how long, he won't know.

He strokes your hair as you sleep peacefully, noticing the hints of tears on your cheeks somehow. He landed a soft gentle kiss on your lips.

"Princess," he whispers. "if you're hearing this, well possibly no, I just want to say that I'm doing this for your safety. I want you to be okay, and this is the sacrifice I have to make."

Obi stood up, walking towards the door. His tears starts forming in his eyes as he walk further away from you.

"I love you, Princess."