Chapter 23 : Return

"How is he...?"

          Looking through the glass that formed a border between you and Izana, you placed your hands gently against the mirror. Chief Garak along with Yatsufusa examined the laid man on the bed.

"Lord Brother..." Zen exclaimed under his breath, clenching his trembling fists with Shirayuki trying to calm him down.

Mitsuhide and Kiki have just returned from escorting the guests out of the castle to see you in this condition. Looking at the window to reveal Izana, Kiki covered her wide opened mouth from the shock.

"Zen...?" Mitsuhide called as he slowly approach the man in grief. Zen only replied with shaking his head, soon his shaking shoulders become visible.

          "Chief Garak, how is he!?" Slamming the window hard with your fists, she looked straight in your (E/C) eyes. Chief Garak walk out of the room and Yatsufusa as well.

"He's going to be fine, but- he might die as well. We did all we could to stop the bleeding for now, but it will open up. I called a doctor, but he won't come soon."

Tears starts forming in your eyes as Chief Garak's hand reached for your shoulder, patting gently to soothe you down. Izana's name is the only word you could say from your trembling lips as you clenched your fists.

You decided to stay with Izana while waiting for the doctor's arrival. Taking his hand into yours slowly, you sob quietly.

"Brother Izana..." As you weep, the hand in yours moved to caress your cheeks. Your eyes shot open to see Izana with a reassuring smile painted across his face.

"(Y/N)," he whispered. "I'll be... fine." A bit stuttered, but you can hear it clearly. At his chest, the bandages starts to turn red, showing that his cut is opened again.

You dashed out of the room and called for Chief Garak, soon she followed you to the room and treat Izana once again. While they're at it, a man with white coat appeared at the door.

"Let me see the man!" He dashed to where Izana is as well, possibly the doctor. You walk outside of the room and watch him getting treated with tears rolling down your cheeks vigorously. Obi and Torou tried to calm you down a bit, but unsuccessful.

Few minutes have passed and the door of the room opened slowly, the sound of it creaking echoed through the hallway. Revealing the doctor with a reassuring smile, he approached you.

"Doctor, is he going to be fine?" Zen asked from behind, soon the doctor nodded.

          "He's going to be fine, he just needs some rest. Feed him well." You nodded at the doctor's statement, then he left. Jumping on Zen, you start to sob again.

          "I'm glad...!" You grasp his clothes tighter as he stroke your messy hair from the battle. Obi was told to bring you back to your room and he oblige, leaving Torou standing alone, not knowing what to do.

          "Um, second prince, Zen Wisteria, am I right?" Torou asked humbly, soon Zen nodded. "I don't have a place to go now. What should I do?"

          Still sobbing, Obi had to carry you bridal style, once reaching your room he laid you down on the bed gently. His eyes gleamed by the moonlight, watching you slowly drift to slumber.

          "Princess, finally..." His arms slowly trailed its way to you, pulling you closer in his embrace once he laid himself on the bed. "Finally, I can protect you."

          The next morning, you woke up without Obi beside you. You didn't realized that he was with you last night, but you knew by the heat. Smiling, you make your way to change and to the room where Izana is.

          "Good morning, (Y/N)." That smile shine under the sunlight, your eyes formed tears for many times now. This should be at least ten times.

"Brother Izana!" You throw yourself at him, causing him to let out a grunt. He showed you a reassuring smile when you look up apologetically.

"I'll go get you some food, Brother Izana." Walking out of the room, a certain lady stopped you. She seemed powerful, that's for sure. She entered after bowing, greeting the man in the room.

You went to the kitchen to get some food for Izana, then you stumbled upon Torou. She kneeled, sending you fidgeting around.

"Princess, I was ordered to be your aide and it is an honor to be one alongside with Obi. I will protect you, even if it means risking my life." The words that Torou said made you more anxious, then you went down to the same level as her, patting her shoulder.

"If you want to be my aide, there is one thing that you can't do," You smiled upon the confused woman in front of you.

          "Don't kneel, but stand up with me." Offering her your hand, she nodded and take it then stood up.

          "Well, I should get going. I'm bringing this to Brother Izana." Torou nodded and watch you leave.

          Walking towards the room, you knock the door lightly before entering, making sure you're not interrupting. No reply, you thought that he might be sleeping.

          You opened the door to reveal the lady from before kissing Izana. Your eyes shot open, quickly and quietly close the door back.

          'WOAH I WISH I DIDN'T SAW THAT.' The door behind you opened, revealing the lady that kissed Izana. You were scared to enter the room with her presence, so you passed the food to her and take your leave.

          "Princess!" A familiar voice from behind you broke the silence of the hall. You turn to look at Obi.

          "Obi." You smiled and continued walking, Obi soon caught up and walk with you.

          After so long, your hands finally entwined with his.

A/N : Aaaa I think this chapter is kinda bad ;u; but please do enjoy!