Chapter 15 : Eyes On

Even though Zen accepted you and Obi, that doesn't mean he allow you to do as you please.

When you're walking around the castle patrolling the securities, Obi followed you around because he is your aide. Don't forget. Zen's watching you from afar.

"Good morning, Princess (Y/N)!" Said one of the soldiers.

"Good morning. Hey, why do you look like that?"

"It's just..." The soldier pointed somewhere far. "Prince Zen is watching us somehow..." You turned around but to see nothing of Zen's figure.

"Hm, if you say so. I guess he wants to see me." You walk away, leaving Obi. "Don't worry, I'll be back."

You proceed to Zen's office. "Brother Zen!" You called him in his office to realize that he's not in the space. "What?" You turned back but to be stopped by Zen himself. "Brother Zen! I thought you wanted to see me."

          "I didn't." He replied with a sour look. He slammed the table, then stared the heck out of you. "Princess (Y/N) Wisteria. Do you know what it means to be with your own aide?"

          "Uh, he helps me around?" You replied, confused of the sudden question. "I thought you're okay with us-"

          "No! That's not what I meant. I mean, more than just an aide to you." Zen paused for a while, then continued. "You can't let anyone know that you're with him."

          You nodded then left the room. You sighed as you walk towards the castle's gate, demanding the soldiers to open it up.

          "Another stroll, Princess (Y/N)?" Asked a soldier.

          "Just to take some fresh air and whatever I'll do." You smiled and left the castle grounds. "Brother Zen?" You heard his footsteps stopped. "Do you want to come along?" With that Zen caught up to you.

"Obi's not around, eh?" You stated, facing the ground as you walk.

"I assigned him to a work that he specializes in. I hope you don't mind?" You shook your head. "Then how about someplace to eat? It's lunchtime." You followed Zen to a restaurant and to be welcomed by the workers in the shop.

"So regarding Obi-"

"Good morning, Prince and Princess of Clarines!" The loud man, probably the owner of the shop greeted you.

"Good morning. Then, regarding Obi-"

"Would you want to eat?" Asked the man again, taking out a note and a pen.

"Not now. Regarding Obi-"

"Oh, seems like the Princess wants something! What would you like, Princess?" You hold your laughter because of Zen's look being cut off every single time.

"Just coffee, please." You gave the loud man a smile and he left with butterflies in his stomach. "So, Brother Zen? You should proceed." You giggled between your lines, still trying to not laugh at your pitiful brother.

"Okay. Well, about Obi-"

"Here's your coffee, Princess! Enjoy!" Zen growled, once again cut off by the same person.

"Can this person not...?" He murmured under his irritated voice, clenching his fists to hold his anger.

"So, you should speak now before you're cut off again." You giggled then.

"About Obi," Zen paused for a while, making sure there's no one with the chance of greeting you and him. "He may be trustworthy, but I still want you to keep your distance if you don't want to get hurt."

"What do you mean? Going out on missions with him and get hurt?" You tilt your head slightly, confused of his statement.

"No, not like that. I know he'll do anything to keep you safe. Just, don't let him hurt you." He said looking down.

          "I didn't know you have a sister complex, Brother Zen!" You laughed and dashed out of the restaurant.

          "It's not a sister complex, for God sake!" He yelled back, but didn't chase after you. "I'm serious..."

You walk around the town lazily, with no place to visit. "So boring! When will Obi come back?" You made your way to the castle.

When you return to your room, you saw Obi resting himself at the window, staring out to the sky. "Obi! Gosh, how long have I waited for yo-"

"Princess."

You froze when he called you. Something doesn't seem right.

"I'm leaving for good."