Ch. 9 {Vodka Tonic PLEASE?}

Mara P.O.V.

Don’t get me wrong, I love flying, seeing the Earth from a bird-eyes view; but when you have a 21 year old sister sitting next to you, who cannot whining about needing a vodka tonic for the past 5 hours, it is really hart to enjoy it!  Luckily for me, I slept the first part of the trip, so I had some peace then, but know, hell no. 

“I need a vodka tonic right now!!  If I do not get it right this second…” That was it, I couldn’t take it anymore.  Her whiny tone, to make it worse, she was literally screaming in my ear.  That was the end of my rope; I just snapped.

“You will what?!  All you will do is just keep whining about it!  Just shut up, or I am going to open that damn emergency door and throw you out!”  She just stared at me all wide eyed, shock plastering her face.

“What did you just stay to me?”  She nearly yelled to the whole plane.  We are sitting in economy seats, but I could swear that I could the flight attendants peak out of there cabin area.  We better be landing soon, because right now, I am actually tempted to throw her out of the plane.

“You heard ne Chanel.  I don’t care that you are four years older than me; I will always have authority over you.  All you are a drunk that spends her days at the bar, doing the first guy that buys you a drink.”  At this point in time, I was so pissed at her; I didn’t filter my thoughts before they flowed out of my mouth.

            ”You know what….” She paused as many emotions passed over her face.  “I am sorry.”

What did she just say?  Did she just actually apologize for the first time in her 21 years of existence? 

“Did-d you just actually….apologize?”  I said; my voice drowning in shock.  She didn’t answer my question; so I started to repeat myself, but she cut me off.

“Yes, I did just apologize.  God Mara, it is not that big of a deal.  All of your words were super hurtful, but were dead on.  I am a drunk that spends all of her time at bars, just acting like a hooker.  I am so, so sorry, can you ever think about forgiving me, if I promise to clean up my act?”  She whispered to me.  Her voice started to quiver, and I could see that she was fighting to blink back her overflowing tears.

            “Of course Chanel, just don’t get all mushy on me, okay?”  I said with a smile creeping on to my face, mirroring the one on hers.

I knew from this point on, this is going to be the best trip that I have ever had with my sister; I can feel it in my bones.  I am glad that my parents forced her to come with me.

Jason P.O.V.

            I have never seen a girl so happy in my entire life.  Kura tended to keep to herself, but know, she couldn’t shut up!  It doesn’t bother me, I am just so happy to see her smiling. 

            Her smile, every time I see it, it is like the first time.  My heart melts into goo; it feels like it is being pulled down to Earth, not by gravity, but by Kura.  Her beauty captivates me every time I lay my eyes on her.  She’s my magnet, once I see her; I can never seem to pull away.  Don’t think like that, Jason!  She is your best friend!  I yelled at myself.  I knew it was wrong, but I was 100% sure of one thing.  I was deeply, utterly, undeniably in love with my best friend, Kura.

            What am I going to do?  I mean, what if she doesn’t feel the same way about me?  I have dated a lot of girls; the only thing I was trying to do is get Kura’s attention.  Clearly that didn’t work.  I always felt a pang of guilt when I told all of the girls the true, and of course, they dumped me for it.  It only make sense, I was a complete jerk; from my heart to my skin.

            I was trying to focus on the paradise of which is London, but I couldn’t.  The only think that held my attention was Kura.

            While I was off in lala land, I felt something pulling me out of my mind’s traveling.  I looked down, to find the one and only Kura, pulling on my shirt.

            “Can I help you?”  I said in my best British accent.  (BTW:  it sucked!)

            “Jason, you British accent is awesome, have you been practicing?”  She said in a very sarcastic tone.

            “How did you know?”  I said in my British accent again.  We both started to crack up laughing, not caring how many people stared at us.  We were sitting on the side of a magnificence fountain.  At the top, it had an angel, looking down at us. 

            We have been probably sitting here for the past 4 hours or so.  We just sat and talk, getting to know each other better.  I kind of turned in to a game of 20 questions.

            It was her turn to ask me a question.  She was hunched over in thought, her forehead all mashed together.  It was very clear that she was in a super deep thought.  Then she jumped up and screamed, “I’ve got it!!”

            I chuckled at her breakthrough, and managed to get out the word, “Shoot.”

            “Okay…Why did you come on this trip with me?  I mean, I know that you wanted to help, but I think that there is a little more to the situation.” I was in complete shock.  Could I tell her the true?  She probably didn’t feel the same about way about me, so it is a better idea just to keep it to myself.

            “No, it is nothing more than a best friend helping his desperate best “girl” friend.”  I tried to say, but the hint of uncertainty made her waver for a second.  She just nodded and went back to sight gazing.

We just sat there in complete silence; as the sun setting behind making the water droplets create millions of tiny rainbows.

            She could never know.  She could never know how much I love her.

_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--_--

Hi!  I am sorry about the this chapter.  I needed to show the relationship between Mara and her sister, Chanel.

I need to know what you think:  Good or Bad

I promise a new chapter today or tommorw. 

Thanks so much!

Comment, Vote, and Fan!