Ch.21 {Life As We Know It}

Jason P.O.V

I watched as my reflection broke apart like my heart, and my hand.  I rested my hands on the cool ceramic surface of the sink.  I looked back into the remaining pieces of the mirror.  The long jagged fragments of mirror held the eyes of remorse and pain.  I ripped my eyes away from the mirror, not being able to face the fact that those were my eyes.  The fact that I could be such an angry person; I have never been so angry in my whole entire life.  When I so Kura laying in the ground and the man passed out on her, it pushed me over the edge.  And the scary thing is, I don’t know if can get back.  I do know one thing though.  I will be there for Kura.  I will be her protector, best friend, and anything else she wants me to be.  She is my everything, weather she knows it or not. 

The thought of Kura pushed me back to sanity for a little while.  When I finally got my sense back, I realized that blood was dripping from my hand.  ‘Great job Jason! Absolutely brilliant!’  I thought to myself.  I had to get out of here before someone comes in!  I hurriedly washed my hand and the blood in the sink, and then rushed out of the restroom.  I stuffed my mangled hand in my pocket, hiding it from view.  Last thing I need it to have noisy nurses asking questions.  I when straight back to the waiting room; worried that I would lose my nerve if I when pass Kura’s room.

I stood outside the waiting room staring in, horrified at what I saw.  I saw the nurse that had been tending to Kura talking to Mara with a grim expression upon her face.  I switched my gaze to Mara to see her choking on sobs and tears streaming down her face.  I saw the nurse rap her arms around Mara, to calm her down.  This could only mean one thing; one very bad thing that I refuse to believe.  Kura’s dead.  I saw the world start to tilt to the side as I backed up to the wall.  I slowly sank to the floor, as I tried to face the fact that Kura was dead.  Kura dead, it is not possible!  Not at all!

My thoughts were shattered when I heard the door gently shut.  My gaze was met by a wary nurse.  I looked in to her eyes to find them filled with concern.  “Are you okay?”  She asked as the concern from her eyes was amplified in her voice.  ‘Well let’s see, my girlfriend is dead, it is all my fault, I smashed my hand into a mirror…let’s see, NO!!!’  I thought to myself.  “Um, yea I’m fine.  I was wondering, what were you telling the girl in the waiting room?”  I asked her.  “Well, I told her that her friend, the girl you were kissing early, just got out of surgery and she will be fine.  She had a broken rib that have punctured her lung, causing it to collapse.”  The nurse said will hope lined in every word.  The only thing that I heard was that Kura was going to be fine.  She isn’t dead.  I felt like all of my pain and angry had been lifted off me.  I felt so free; free of life’s miseries.  “Are you sure you’re okay?”  The nurse asked again.  I just nodded and stumbled back into the waiting room.

When I got back into the room, I was engulfed in a hug from Mara.  Right then I knew that our lives were forever changed, but we were going to be just fine.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

I'm sorry it took so long to upload this little bit, i have been really busy and just wanted to finish this chapter.  The end is very near!  I just wanted to say that I have really enjoyed writing this story and the next chapter will be the very last chapter of this story!  Thank you, please vote, comment, and fan!  :)