Epilogue

• Dedicated to TO ALL OF MY LOYAL READERS AND FANS! THANK YOU! :)

Three years later

Jason P.O.V

‘God I’m nervous.  I never thought this day would come.’ I thought to myself as my reflection started back at me.  I flattened my tux jacket out with my shaky hands, noticing the hideous scars covering my right knuckles.  Bring the damaged knuckles up closer to my face, it brought back the memories of day I thought my life was over; only to find out that it was just the beginning of a new chapter in my life.  The chapter of my life with Kura.  Two weeks after the incident Kura was able to leave the hospital.  You would think that we would leave London and never come back, but we all stayed for one more week, finishing of our winter/summer breaks together.  The incident was a blessing a way; it brought Kura and Mara closer together, making them inseparable.  That last week was the best week of our lives.  When it was time to go back home, it was a tearful good bye from all of us.  Even I was going to miss Mara.  I had grown very fond of her from the short time we had all spent together.  I could see why Kura was not willing to lose her as a friend.  Once we had gotten back home, I received an earful from Kura’s father.  He was furious that I put his little girl in danger. He eventually forgave me though.  He knew that I made Kura happy and that I loved her with all my heart.  As for Kura’s attacker, he is still in jail, and will be for the next 20 years.  As for me, I am loving life, especially with Kura as my fiancé.   I proposed to Kura on her 18th birthday, with her father’s blessing of course.  This past year has been the best year of my entire existence, and today was about to top it all.

“Jason get out here, the ceremony is about to start!  We can’t have the ceremony without the groom.”  Mara yelled from the door. I took one last glance in the mirror and hurried over to Mara.  She looked me up and down, looking for any imperfections.  Finding none, she grabbed my arm and towed me to the doors of the vestibule at dropped my arm.  She gave me a smile before pulling me into a hug.  She pulled my head down and whispered “Don’t forget to say I Do.” With one last smile she left me to get ready for the ceremony.  I looked down the aisle, seeing our families and close friends sitting in the church pews facing the alter.  I saw the minister, Father Riley, standing behind the alter with a smile on his face.  Looking around the room some more I saw that it was fashioned in an ocean blue décor.  I knew that Kura always love the ocean, and since we lived nowhere near the ocean, she decided to bring the ocean to us.  Soft music began to play giving us our queue to enter the alter.  Slowly the bridesmaids and groomsmen began to enter, followed by Seth and Mara, our best man and maid of honor.  After they all filed into their spots, I entered the room.  I made my way next to Seth as the music came to a close.  As I stood next to Seth and he whispered, “If you ever hurt my sister, I will make sure you never have kids.  Ever.”  He took a step back and gave me a smile as Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift and The Civil Wars began to play.  I looked back down the aisle to see the most beautiful girl in the world walk towards me.  Her golden blonde hair was curled in waves down her back.  Her face was gently covered by a white veil, hiding her beautiful face from my view.  She was wearing a crème colored dress with a light blue bow around her waist.  Her dress trailed a few feet behind her, making it look as if was melting from her beauty.  She absolutely took my breathe away.  Her arm was hooked though her father’s as he led her down the aisle.

As they reached the end of the aisle Kura looked at her father as he lifted her veil.  She hugged her father and kissed him softly on the cheek.  She turned towards me with tears glistening her chocolate brown eyes.  She walked up the steps and stood next to me.  She looked at me with a smile as tears slipped down her cheeks.  I gently brushed my thumb across her cheek, wiping away her tears. I smiled back at her, whispering, “Why are you crying?  It is your wedding day; you’re supposed to be happy.” She laughed as she looked into my eyes.  She pressed her against my cheek and said, “I am happy.”

We both faced the minister, signaling for him to begin.  With a curt nod, he began, “Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the holy matrimony of Jason Carter and Kura Warne.  Who is giving the bride away?” he asked.  Slowly, Kura’s father stood up with tears in his eyes and said, “I do.” With a nod the minister continued, “Does anyone have any objections to the holy matrimony?  Speak now or forever hold your peace.”  I looked around the small group of people to see if anyone did.  After a minute, the minister continued, “Okay, do you both have your vows?” he asked Kura and I.  We both nodded.  I let go of Kura’s hands to grab a piece of paper from my pocket, containing my vows.  Unfolding the paper I looked to Kura and began to read, “Kura, my love, I can’t express in words how much I love you.  You are the love of my life, the center of my world, my sunrise, my sunset, the only thing that keeps me sane.  Every time I look at you, your radiance holds me captive.  When you look into my eyes, it’s like you can see into my soul.  I love you so much, and I only hope that you will take me as your husband, and let me show you how much I love you.”  I looked up from my paper to see Kura in tears.  She had the biggest smile on her face, making her even more beautiful.  I caressed her cheek with my hand, slowly wiping away the tears.  She placed her hand over mine and began to speak, “Jason, I love you.  You are my rock.  When things get tough, you are always there.  When I need a shoulder to cry on, you let me cry on yours.  When I need saving, you come to my rescue.  You are my protector, keeping me safe from this cruel world.  I don’t know how I ever got you, but I know one thing.  I’m never letting you go.  I love you for eternity.”  I looked at her, tears in my eyes.  I pulled my hand from her cheek, grabbing her hand and bringing it to my lips and gently kissing it.  When I pulled it back I mouthed, ‘I love you’.

After a moment the minister continued with his speech, “Do you Jason Carter take Kura Warne to be you lawfully wedded wife?” I cleared the lump from my throat and spoke with confidence, “I Do.”

 The minister faced Kura and said, “And do you Kura Warne take Jason Carter to be your lawfully wedded husband?”  She paused and looked up into my eyes with a smile and whispered, “I Do.”

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So this is the end!  I know, it is so sad that it has to come to an end.  This had been my baby since last November, now it is over.  What started out to be an e-time project turned into a full blown story.  I just wanted to say thank you to all the people who have read my story, and to all my fans for being so loyal though out this whole story.  I am working on another story, My Knight In Red, but i will not post it yet due to rules for entrering for the watty awards for next year.  I will still be on here, reading stories.  If you want me to read your story just let me know and I will read away.  I will be editing this story, so once it is completely edited i will let my fans know so if you want to read it again you can!  Thank you for being on the crazy ride with me.  Please vote, comment, and fan!  LOVE YOU ALL! <3