Night Terrors

It was cold. The chilling air landed on his body, bringing goosebumps to his skin. Stiles took in his surroundings, it was dark and trees were all around his line of vision. He was in the middle of the woods..

Why was he there? How did he get there?

Completely confused but surprisingly calm he started walking, not sure where he was going.
Eventually his feet brought him in front of the old Hale house.

There had to be a reason why he came here..

Without thinking he then began walking up the front porch, facing the dilapidated door he turned the knob slowly, creaking the door open to an ajar angle. He peaked in, his eyes seeing nothing but complete darkness.

"..Derek?" Stiles called out.

No response.

No surprise there. What was he even thinking, Derek already left to go stay with his sister Cora. But he walked in the run down house anyway.

While walking in the house, the darkness suddenly disappeared around him and his whole surroundings changed.

He looked around and notice he was in a hospital room. An all too familiar one. Stiles hesitantly shifted his eyes to the sleeping figure on the hospital bed. A woman with brown hair, hooked up to several IVs and her wrists bound by zip ties.

Stiles felt his throat close up as it was getting harder to breath.

"Mom..?" His voice came out in a hushed whisper.

His mother's eyes shot open as she slowly turned her head towards him, her eyes wide and her face beginning to twist into a look of pure terror.

She then started screaming and sputtering incoherent words, while yanking her wrists trying to break free from the zip ties around them.

"No...NO! Stay away.. STAY AWAY! Stop looking at me! Yo-YOU DEMON!" She screeched. Stiles had a sudden feeling of déjà vu.

"Mom, MOM PLEASE, it's me, I'm your son! Remember? I'm not gonna hurt you!" He reassured her.
His mother still had the look of fear in her eyes.

"LIES. You liar. I don't know you! I don't have a son! You're a demon trying to trick me.. Always trying to trick me.." She trailed off and began to sob hysterically.

Stiles took a step back trying to steady himself, he could feel a panic attack coming on.

It wasn't fair, how could his mother hate him so much.. He knew it wasn't her fault. But oh how he hated what she was going through.

He turned around planning to leave her alone, when he noticed a mirror behind him. But the reflection standing in front of him was not his own.

Looking back at him with bandage wrappings all around its head and a sinister smile of metallic sharp teeth was the nogitsune.

     His eyes shot open, his heart beating erratically. Beads of sweat were forming on his brow as he sat up.

It was just a dream..

He realised he was on the couch, he must of fallen asleep when he and his dad were watching a movie.

Stiles looked around with no sheriff Stilinski in sight, he assumed he went to work already.

Getting up and stretching his limbs, he picked up his cellphone from the coffee table.
Four new text messages and one missed call from Scott, and even a missed call from Liam were displayed on the screen.

'Weird, what's gotten into them..?'

He touched the phone screen to read Scott's messages.

Dude where r u? We r all at the bowling alley waiting on u

Don't u remember we made plans to all hang out Saturday as a pack?

EARTH TO STILES

Well, I guess ur not coming we started playing already..

What the hell? Stiles looked at the time, it was almost 3:00 in the afternoon!

Has he really been sleeping that long? And since when the hell did he make plans with Scott and everyone else about going bowling Saturday?

Stiles clutched his forehead trying to remember anything about bowling but nothing came to mind, in fact there were several things he felt like he was forgetting but couldn't put his finger on what.

He started scrolling through more of his texts and notice there were more from Scott that have seem to be read already and no reply to them, but he didn't even remember reading them..

From Scott: Thursday,

Hey dude, are u doing okay? Today at school you haven't seemed like yourself y'know? Let me know if u need anything man

From Scott: Friday,

You know you were kind of being an asshole today dude, I don't know what's up with u but I'll let it slide since you're my best friend, but just remember bowling tomorrow. 12:00pm.

What on earth did he do for someone like Scott to be calling him an asshole? Damn, he wish he could remember.

'I guess I'll have to call him..' He thought to himself.

Though a little reluctantly, he pressed call on Scotts contact and listened to it as it rang about four times until finally an irritated sounding Scott answered on the other line.

"Stiles! Where you at man?! I hope you have a legitimate excuse!" Scott barked (pun intended)

"Listen man, I'm sorry. I forgot all about hanging out, I just woke up.." Stiles tried to sound guilty. He could hear Scott sigh.

"Really dude? Even though we talked about it on the way to school Wednesday and then I reminded you again by sending a text, but no, I get no response.." Scott argued. "We're leaving now, I'm heading home after I drop Kira off, so I'll talk to you later I guess.."

Stiles sighed. "Alright man.. See ya at school?" He tried to ease the tension.

"Yea." Scott grumbled. Then followed a 'click' indicating he hung up.

Stiles wish he knew what he did that was so 'asshole like' the pass few days but decided not to ask, Scott seem to be mad enough. And he didn't want to piss off the teenage alpha even more.

Stiles sighed. Despite him forgetting to hang out with the pack, he didn't really feel any guilt.

It's not his fault he didn't remember agreeing to do so, he had a lot on his mind after all. Scott would just have to get over it. Though that didn't explain the memory loss he's apparently been having. He just couldn't remember what happened in those days from Wednesday to Friday.

Maybe he should just tell Scott and see what he thinks. Maybe then Scott would be more understanding of his current behaviour.

He decided he was going to tell Scott next time he saw him. If his situation got worse then he would have to tell his father eventually as well, though he really didn't want to make the tired man any more worried than he was but he couldn't keep lying to him every time his father asked him if he was okay, when Stiles knew that he wasn't..