Bad Feeling

Malia was anxious. And that was something completely out of character for her.

It was quiet, the only sound that could be heard was the soft hum of the car engine. She took her gaze from the window and studied her companion in the drivers seat.

"Something on your mind?" Braeden finally questioned. Her dark eyes still firmly on the sandy road.

The two women were currently driving through the Colorado desert in search of the desert wolf. They found a lead of her possible whereabouts and Malia knew she couldn't pass up this opportunity, even if it turns out to be a loss cause. This was her so called mother after all, the woman who ruined her life.

She needed to confront her, what she would do when the opportunity arose.. she wasn't quite sure yet.

"I just have this bad feeling. And I don't like it." Malia almost growled. Braeden glanced at the were-coyote.

"Is this about the desert wolf, or the others back at Beacon Hills?"

"Both." She concluded. "I feel like something bad is about to happen and I won't be there to help.." Braeden shook her head.

"Let me stop you right there."

"You're the one who asked me to take you with me on this little mission of ours. You knew the consequences, the dangers, and I told you there would be no going back." The mercenary gave her a serious look.

"Don't back out now just because you have a bad feeling, we're seeing this through until the end. Besides I'm sure your friends can take care of themselves."

Malia sighed. But then finally nodded.
"I guess you're right.."

"We're here." Braeden announced after a few minutes of silence.

Malia looked up, her eyes landing on a small rundown cabin, it seemed to rest in the middle of no where, with no evidence of any occupants living inside. At least, not human ones anyway. Malia scrunched her nose up in thought.

"So this is the place?" Braeden nodded.

"This is it."

Slowly coming to a stop, she made sure to put enough distance between the Range Rover and the cabin so to not be seen.

"And if my mother is really in there.. what exactly do you plan to do?"

"My job." Braeden said nonchalantly. She gracefully slid out of the vehicle and slammed the door shut. Malia soon followed and met with her at the back of car. One by one Braeden began taking out various guns and weapons to arm herself with.

"So your going to kill her?" Malia questioned. Feeling indifferent about the whole situation.

"This is what I'm assigned to do. I thought I made that clear." She eyed her. "Are you having second thoughts just because you share the same blood?"

Malia got lost in her thoughts for a moment but came back to her senses when Braeden offered her a revolver.

She slowly accepted the weapon with a look of determination gracing her features.

"No." She finally said. "In fact, I want to have the honors." Braeden raised a perfectly arched brow.

"I want to be the one to take out the desert wolf. I'm her daughter after all."

"I guess that's fair." The Mercenary agreed. "But don't hesitate or chicken out, I won't be the one saving your ass." She smirked.

"Trust me, I won't hesitate." Malia eyes glowed a striking blue for a matter of a few seconds as she put her focus on the cabin ahead of them.