Bite or Flight

Bright sun rays illuminated throughout Stiles's bedroom shining from his window, it was a early Saturday morning. He lifted his head up from his desk and realized he fell asleep at his computer.

For once he didn't have any dreams this time, which gave him a sense of relief.
'I guess I fell asleep after all..' echoed his thoughts.

He rose from his chair rubbing his tires eyes in the process, securing his cell phone in his pocket.

He then made his way out of his room and down the stairs, hoping his father was still asleep so he could make them both some breakfast.

He stilled in his movements once his eyes shifted to the living room, where there seem to be some of his friends sitting amongst the couch and chairs.

They all stood from where they were once they acknowledged his presence, among them were Scott, Liam, Lydia, and.. his dad?

"Uh..What the heck is going on here?" He asked sharply. "Are you guys having a party without me?"

Scott glanced up at him with a sympathetic look.

"Stiles, we need to talk.."

"About what?" He forced a laugh. "This some kind of intervention?" He glanced at all the other occupants in the living room.

"Stiles, Scott came to me with an idea that might possibly be able to cure you of your.. disease. Tell him Scott." The Sheriff addressed.

"The bite, Stiles." Scott continued. "Yea, you would turn but If I were to give you the bite, there's a chance it could cure you!" Stiles gave him an incredulous look.

"Yea, or it could kill me.. but no big deal right?" Came Stiles's sarcastic retort.

"That's highly unlikely, Stiles." Lydia remarked.

"Yea! I was bitten and I love being a werewolf now, you get use to it after a while." Liam cut in.

"I don't know guys.." Stiles gulped nervously at the idea of him becoming a werewolf.

"Well, I don't really think it's a good idea." Came a voice coming from the kitchen door. Stiles turned around to the person the voice belonged to.

"Derek?!" Stiles sputtered. "What the he- You're here too?!"

Derek Hale fully emerged from the swinging kitchen door with what looked like a PB&J sandwich in his hand. He merely raised an eyebrow at Stiles while taking a bite.

"Okay, yea, just go and make yourself a sandwich in other people's houses!" Stiles exaggerated. He turned to Scott. "Why is he here?"

"I asked him for some advice, though I didn't think he'd be against the idea.." Scott trailed off.

"That doesn't quite explain what he's doing here..?" Stiles intoned.

"I just had a bad feeling." Derek chimed in. He was leaning against the wall. Stiles gave him an odd look.

"What about your sister? Didn't you want to stay with her?"

"Cora can take care of herself, she wants to be independent. Besides, I felt like I needed to come back, and Scott called so that's when I decided." Derek stated nonchalantly.

Said alpha cleared his throat, bringing their attention back to him. Changing the subject.

"Listen, Stiles. I know that this could be risky.. but face it, you have an incurable disease that you can die from in a matter of a few years."

Scott held his ground, not sugar coating anything. "With the bite, your disease, your panic attacks, even your anxiety would be gone for good. You even told me how you hated feeling useless and hated making us worry, well this could be your only chance to change all that!"