Awake

A familiar stench of bleach and other chemicals was the first thing to stir Stiles from his slumber as it hit his nose.

The sound of monitors beeping and faint commotion from outside the room resounded in his ears. He scrunched his face up in discomfort as his head was throbbing unbearably. Stiles's whole body felt heavy, he tried to lift his hand up to his aching head, but his limbs would not cooperate with his brain.

He couldn't even lift his arms or legs.. Trying not to panic he slowly started to blink his eyes open, desperately trying to open his heavy lids and see all that was around him.

'Where am I?' He thought to himself. His head was all fuzzy.

As blinding light slowly subsided he took in his surroundings. He was at the hospital.

He then realized his right hand was warmer than the other and noticed another hand intertwined with his.

Slowly turning his head the arm connected to the familiar hand lead up to non other than his dad.

He was slumped down on a chair sleeping by his bed.
Just looking at his face he could see the bags underneath his fathers eyes.

Great. And yet again he was making his poor father worry about him..

'What happened anyway..?' Last thing he could remember was playing lacrosse, he was about to actually score a goal but then...

Stiles eyes widened as the face of the nogitsune running toward him flashed through his mind.

Was it possible that the nogitsune has somehow burrowed its way back into his mind..? Or has it never even left.. that couldn't be, unless there were still remnants of its possession still residing in his mind..

He sighed, a little louder than intended. The feeling of his hand being squeezed brought him out of his thoughts as he glanced at the man of who the other hand belonged to.

"You're awake." His dad stated with relief.

"And so are you apparently.." Stiles replied with a tired smile. "Sleeping in that position had to be uncomfortable.."

his father smiled back but Stiles could see the worry in his eyes. "You really scared me out there kid.."

"What happened? Did I score at least?" Though Stiles had a feeling he knew the answer to that.

"Unfortunately, you didn't.. You had a seizure Stiles.." his father trailed off.

"Oh.. I see.." Was all he could bring himself to say. His eyes staring up at the ceiling. "But..I'm good now right? When can I leave and go home exactly..?"

Sheriff Stilinski narrowed his eyes at his sons nonchalant response about his current situation.

"Well, the doctors still want to run some tests, and are considering having you see a neurologist.."

Stiles clicked his teeth in annoyance. "Again?" He sighed.

"Yes Stiles, again. There's something thats been going on with you lately! And not to mention you had a seizure, something that's never happened before, so it's definitely something to be concerned about!" His father stated firmly.

"There's definitely something going on upstairs that needs to be examined." He stated while poking Stiles's forehead. "The nogitsune is gone, so we can't blame him this time.."

Before Stiles could retort he was interrupted by the sound of knocking followed by the door opening revealing an exhausted looking Melissa McCall.