Predator or Prey

"I don't get it. The scent only stops here.."
Stiles stated while rubbing thoughtfully at his chin.

The faint scent had led them to an dark alleyway in the middle of a secluded area that seemed completely deserted. Stiles couldn't help but scrunch his nose up in disgust from the overwhelming stench of urine and who knows what else.

"Dude, it stinks. Are you sure Donovan's scent leads here?" Scott questioned, sharing Stiles's same expression of disgust.

"I'm sure, I mean it doesn't seem to go any further.."
The alpha raised a brow.

"There's no one here." He states.

Stiles sighs.

"I guess my werefox senses aren't that good.."
He shrugged.

Before the alpha could respond Stiles abruptly brings his hand to his head as a sharp pain shoots through his skull.

He suddenly feels these certain strong uncontrolled emotions overwhelm his senses.

First he felt anger, then shock, then that shock turned into pure terror and fear. For then came the pain in his head, it was a throbbing ache but it was there nevertheless. He grunted and squinted his eyes shut, urging the feeling to pass. Scott was by his side immediately.

"Stiles! What's wrong? Are you okay?"

Stiles took a deep breath and let it out slowly when the feeling finally faded away.

"Yea.. I'm good." Scott gazed at him in worry.

"What was that all about?"

"I don't know.. I just felt so many different emotions just now, and they weren't my own, it was like I was feeling someone else's." Scott's eyes widen.

"It's got to be chemo signals." The young alpha states slowly. "Except they seemed to have hit you a lot harder.. That's awesome Stiles, you were able to feel past emotion from someone who isn't even present right now! Your senses are really good!"
Scott expressed. He was impressed to say the least. But Stiles didn't seem to share the same enthusiasm.

"This isn't awesome for me, I don't want to feel anyone else's emotions other than my own! It's- it's too much." He was almost panicking.

"It'll be okay Stiles, you'll learn to control it soon." Scott smiles reassuringly. "Besides, the fact you were able to feel Donovan's emotions right before he disappeared can really benefit us in this investigation."

"Maybe.." Soon something else caught his attention as he sniffed the air slightly. "There's something else I'm getting.. but I don't think it's from Donovan."

"What is it?" Scott questioned. Stiles glanced at his best friend worriedly upon realizing what this feeling really was.

"Bloodlust."

The booming sound of thunder echoed through the sky and soon the rain followed starting with small droplets hitting the surface which then turned into a downpour.

"Talk about dramatic.." The lanky teen muttered while facing the dark cloudy sky, not even caring that he was getting drenched.

"We should probably get going. We can tell your dad what we know so far." Scott practically half yelled over the rain, although Stiles would of heard him either way even if he was whispering. He nodded anyway.