Diagnosis

Stiles roamed his eyes over the computer screen and read the sentence over and over again. The minute he got home from the hospital he went straight to his computer to do some research.

Premature dementia, early stages of frontotemperal dementia..

There is no medication specifically designed to treat frontotemporal dementia...

only there are medications that can help control some of the symptoms..

Although he already knew all that from when his mother went through it. He just needed to know if this was really happening, and yet the symptoms he has been experiencing matched many of the ones on the computer screen.

He let out a sigh. Why was this happening now of all times?

He turned off his computer and slumped back in his chair, staring blankly at the black computer screen. He could see his reflection, the bags under his eyes were pretty prominent.

Something then caught his eye from behind him above his right shoulder. There was a woman with long brown hair, most of it covering her face, she was in a hospital gown, standing in the corner of the room.

He immediately recognized her, It was his mother.

"..Mom?" He heard himself whisper.

He didn't dare turn around, there was no way she was actually there, but he kept his eyes on her through the screen as she slowly started to approach him from behind.

He could feel his heart beating rapidly through his ears for soon she was right behind him lifting her hand to his shoulder.

She lifted her head up showing her face, but it wasn't the face of his mothers at all, it was the wrapped face of the nogitsune..

"Stiles... Stiles.." it said. "Wake up Stiles.. WAKE UP." Came the sinister voice.

Stiles jolted up from his desk, he must of fallen asleep and had a nightmare. Again.

"Stiles!" Came Scotts voice. He turned around and notice a hand on his shoulder and that Scott was behind him, looking concerned as ever.

"Oh, hey Scott.." Stiles greeted trying to sound nonchalant. "Did you sneak through the window again?"

"No, your dad let me in.. you look like you were having a bad dream so I decided to wake you up.." he trailed off. His eyes shifting to the computer screen, the dementia article was still up.

"Listen Stiles, whether you actually have this disease or not, we'll get through it somehow, and I'll do anything to help.." he stated firmly.

"Thanks dude, I appreciate it. But it's probably nothing really.." though they both knew that wasn't the case.

"I'll be going with you to neurologist tomorrow, that's what I came to tell you." Scott stated.

"Wow, why am I feeling a since of deja vu here..?" Stiles half joked. Scott rolled his eyes.

"Yea, we did this last time and found out it was all because of the that demon fox, but now he's gone.. so.."

"So..? What?" Stiles questioned.

"So.. this is really serious Stiles. This isn't some supernatural creature we can somehow manage to get rid of, this is a serious medical condition you could have!"

Stiles stared at him blankly. "You don't know that.. and even if you're right, it doesn't change anything. Let's say I do have it, what then?" He argued.