Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

The Basketball That Kuroko Plays: Kimber Helps With Training?!

The day had passed, and Kuroko had invited Kimber to go play some basketball at a local court. They shot around, Kimber being the only one to get the shots in, and just talked. "Ne, Kuroko-kun." Kimber said quietly. Kuroko lifted his head in acknowledgment. "Let's train together! You're gonna start making shots!" Kimber declared. Kuroko's eyes widened. "But, Hizuki-kun. I can't!" He said annoyed. "Start here. Let's play around the world. When you get used to it, we can play h.o.r.s.e too." He smiled. Kuroko sighed, and decided he'd give it a try. He stood at the bottom left box and shot the ball. Nothing. "Arch it. Give more arch in your shot." Kimber corrected, showing him an example from the other side.

It took about twenty minutes, but finally, Kuroko made his first shot. "Hizuki-kun! I did it!" He cheered. "Yes! I'm so proud of you!" Kimber praised. He had gotten board of Kuroko's missing baskets, so he sat in the middle of the lane. He smiled and pointed to the corner of the free throw line. "Now there." He smiled evilly. Another half an hour later, another basket was made. "Good job Kuroko-kun!" Kimber praised once more. And he repeated what he had the first time. "Now from there." He chuckled deviously pointing to the three point line. "Hizuki-kun! You know that I'll never be able to make that shot!" He growled. "You're not going home until you do!" Kimber demanded. "Don't you need to get Lucia?" Kuroko hissed. "My friend, Rique, already licked her up and took her home." Kimber retorted with a smirk. Kuroko sighed, then began to shoot.

After two more hours, Kuroko finally did it. He made it around the world. "Good job Kuroko. Same time, here after practice tomorrow. Okay? If it doesn't take too long, we could play h.o.r.s.e and if you get Kagami-kun to come we could even play knockout!" Kimber chuckled. He looked back over his shoulder and said quietly. "Good work, Tetsuya."