Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Too Easy Of A Game...

The starting five had lined up along the middle circle of the court. "Kimber, do jump!" Riko called. The team looked back at her like she was a lunatic. "Y-you mean Kagami right?" Kimber tried correcting. Riko looked up deviously and shook her head. "You need to work on jumping Hizuki-kun~!" She mused. Kimber gulped and looked at Kagami. This was a horrible idea. Kimber knew that he couldn't get this jump against Reo Mibuchi. He was 6"2 and Kimber was only 5"6. "Oh my god..." He winced staring up at the dark haired male. Reo stared down with a smirk as he saw that Kimber was over half a foot shorter than himself. Kimber looked back. "Riko! This is suicidal!" He barked back. "Come on Hizuki-kun~ if you don't get the ball from him! you'll see me skipping at school tomorrow~!" The whole team winced, and Kimber made a slight squeak. Whenever Riko skipped, bad things happened to that team.

The other four looked at him and sighed. "It's not your fault Hizuki. It's okay if you don't get it..." Shun quivered. Kimber bent downward making it seam as he was ready to jump. The ref threw up the ball, and Reo jumped. But Kimber's feet where planted. "You idiot!" Kagami barked. But once Reo started dribbling, Kimber ankle broke him, stealing the ball, running to the three point line, and shooting. Making the team three points. The whole team cheered for him. Most players would be compelled to smile but he knew that he needed to get as much of a lead on them that he could before the second half. He knew that once Nebuya was in, of they weren't up by at least twenty, victory wouldn't be achieved. "What's wrong Hizuki?" Hyuga asked. "We have to get our score up. If we don't by the second half, we're screwed." He sighed.

After the first quarter, and half of the second, they where only up by four. "We're done for." Kimber hissed. It was twenty eight to twenty four, and Kimber had scored at least twenty of their points. "Shit." He hissed as he did another ankle breaker on Reo and shot a three. The rest of the team seemed to be very dependent on Kimber to score. "Come on guys..." He whispered then yelled; "Press!" The team looked at him confused. "Smart move." Mayuzumi chuckled. "But that's not enough." Kimber sighed. "I know. Nebuya will crush us." He growled stomping his foot in annoyance. "Baseball!" He cried. Kagami ran to the three line when Kimber slapped the ball. He chucked it across the room. But even without using all of his strength, Kagami fumbled the ball, and Kimber had to ankle break Reo, once again, to get it back and score the three. "Dammit Reo! How many times are you gonna let him do that?! You know he's gonna ankle break you, so why do you let him?!" The Rakuzan couch screamed from the sidelines. "Couch, I'm big and slow, he small and fast we just don't mix!" Reo protested.

After a minute of thinking, the couch called out, Mayuzumi, get on 13." He demanded. And that's what happened. Kimber growled. He was good against people like Reo Mibuchi. But not against people that were near his height. He knew that trying to ankle break Mayuzumi would just end up getting him a foul. He never fouled, because of things like this. He sighed and growled as Rakuzan got the ball, and ran back down the court. Kagami hadn't been there yet, and Reo already had the ball at the basket. Kimber jumped up trying to stop him. The blonde red head's hands desperately grabbed, reached up for the ball, but it was too late. Reo made an easy basket at the low block. The second quarter buzzer sounded as it went in, indicating half time. Kimber growled, letting his body fall, as he landed on his ass once more. He knew this team. He knew they where tuff. But he never lost. He'd lose his momentum if he did.

It took a bit for everyone to realize, but soon enough they did notice that Kimber wasn't with them. "Hizuki-kun!" Riko gasped, she ran to her player, and prepared to aid him. "Are you alright?" As she asked that, the crowed went silent. Kimber's bangs covered his eyes and he swallowed hard. His legs weren't cooperating. This was the toll of him running way to hard to try and get ahead. He knew that this happened to Kise some times as well. "Kagami-kun, get over here!" She called back. Kagami stepped forward and knelt next to the other, an annoyed look on his face. "Get up." He growled. Kimber let out a slight gasp, then turned his gaze the other way. He couldn't. "Help him, Kagami-kun." Riko said quietly, but in a demanding tone. Kagami linked his arms under Kimber's and pulled him up. To his surprise, Kimber struggled to get up, and fell to the floor again. He slammed his fist onto the gym floor in raged annoyance. "Again huh Hizuki? You never quit do you?" The familiar voice of a well known tanner male that Kimber had gone to middle school with echoed through his head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awwwwww crap! Kimber has just gotten beat! Sort of? Well, to make up, I'll try to get two more chapters in today and two for tomorrow! Love you all! Thanks soo soo much for 146 reads!