Chapter 8

Chapter 8:
A Game Changing Phone Call!

Just as planned, the game against Rakuzan was scheduled and that Sunday, at two thirty in the after noon, Seirin went to Rakuzan's gym for a game. When Kimber had gotten there, via car ride from Rique, he received several hatful stares from none other than Kagami. "Kagami-kun. We don't need you pissing Hizuki-kun off. He might be smaller, but he faster, and smarter." Kuroko warned. "Hey?! Are you trying to say I'm not smart?!" Kagami barked. "Well, with your C average grades, I'd say yes." Kuroko glared at him. He knew that provoking Kimber would only get the taller male in trouble. "Kuroko, I'm sure I could take pipsqueak on." He boasted. "I'm sure you couldn't." Kimber hissed as he walked past, his medium length red and blonde hair swaying as he walked. "Oh yeah? Let's go! Right here, right now!" Kagami challenged. With a quick 'fine', Kimber spun around knocking Kagami in the jaw, with a balled fist. He turned back and continued inside.

Kagami pulled his head forward, dumbfounded. It hurt, yeah, but, it surprised him more than anything else. He stumbled back and stared at Kimber as he went through the doors. "What did I tell you..." Kuroko hissed at the other. "Hey, he didn't beat the crap out of me, he just startled me is all." Kagami barked. "Leave him alone Kagami-kun." Kuroko sighed as he followe into the gym. Kimber sat in his sweats and stared as the team practiced. Basic lay ups, free throws, threes. 'Wheres the full court...' He sighed knowing that the others probably couldn't make that. He spied through the crowed in annoyance. 'Where are you...' He thought. Then bam! There they where. "Found you..." He mumbled. "Hm? What do you mean Hizuki-kun?" Riko asked. "Midorima, and Takao. They've come." He said quietly. Riko scanned the crowed, quickly finding them herself. "We've got a game against them next weekend. I guess they've come to monitor." Riko sighed.

The first buzzer started, and both teams came in around their captains. "Alright. We're gonna start ofF in a one three one on offense. Mitobe, I want you as center, Shun, point. Hyuga and Kuroko, I want you as wings. And Kagami, you're baseline. On defense, we'll do a two one two. Hyuga and Kuroko still on wings, shun middle, and Mitobe and Kagami play the low blocks." She said sternly. The whole team nodded. She wanted to take Mitobe out, have Kagami as the center, switch Hyuga to baseline, Shun to wing, and have Kimber as point but...that stupid pact had gotten in the way. Kimber looked over at the Rakuzan team. Akashi hadn't shown up. 'What the...?" He thought. He sighed as he looked at the clock. They still had two minutes to go over game plans.

Kimber's phone went off. He reached into his pocket and flipped it open. "Hello?" He asked quietly. "Kimber. I'm not going to our game today, so go ahead and play...." "Akashi-kun?!" He accidentally yelled, due to his surprise. Both the Serin, and Rakuzan teams stared at him. "I forgot that I'm doing something with Atsushi today so, I won't be there. Go ahead against my team." Kimber's stare darted downward. "Oh and Kimber..." Akashi started. "Win." With that, the red head hung up on the other line and left Kimber dumbfounded. "Hizuki-kun, what's going on?" Riko asked. "Akashi-kun isn't going to be here. So I'm fine to play the game." "What about your promise?" She asked. "Since he's not here, I won't be playing against him. So it's fine." He said looking back.

Riko growled happily and pulled him back over to the team. "Alright! Let's go! Hizuki-kun, I want you on point, Kagami, middle. Shun, you and Kuroko wings, Mitobe, on the baseline! Let's win this!" Riko cheered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks everyone for 104 reads! OMG! Thank you sooo soo much! And 8 votes too! Chapter 9 will be up later today. I'll post two chapters a day, till Wednesday, then I'm off till next Monday~!

The Seventh Miracle (A Kuroko's basketball fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara