Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

That's one fiery red head!; and an angry Kagami too!

Going back to school on Monday, and acing his Italian test, Kimber sighed happily as he found that Riko decided to give the team a break and go home. Kimber decided to visit Akashi. He had heard that his favorite red head was in a bad mood, so he wanted to go cheer him up. But it was looking like, he didn't have to travel too far when he bumped into Akashi on the street. "Akashi-kun...I was just coming to see you..." He sighed. "Kimber. I see that you've come back to japan, that's exactly what I was coming to do. You know, Kimber, it's annoying when an old friend comes back and bothers nothing to come see his most favored captain." The red head hissed. Kimber rubbed the back if his head. "Heheh just like usual I only understood half of that." He laughed. But Akashi did not seem amused. Believe it or not, the red head was taller than him. Kimber was the exact same size a Kuroko was, and well, he was shorter than his captain. "And I'm still jealous." Akashi smirked. "Of what?" Kimber asked confused. "Your acrobatics. Their pretty impressive. I guess." Akashi said, turning his head, in an attempt to make what he had said sounded less like a compliment.

It took a bit, but they started speaking normally, like they did when they went to Teiko together. "But why'd you choose Seirin?" Akashi asked. "Why not Rakuzan, when it's such a great school." He mused. "I had heard that Serin had been doing very well last year so, I wanted to go there." Akashi sighed at Kimber's answer. "I don't want to go against you Kimber..." Akashi scolded. Why not? Because he knew he would lose, and that's not ever suppose to happen. "Akashi-kun...you're my superior and in games that we are to face each other, I request a compromise." Akashi glanced at the other. "And that would be?" He questioned. "In the happening, that our teams would be up against one another, neither you nor I will play in that game." He declared. Kimber's face was serious as he waited for his beloved captain to respond to him. "...very well." He said holding his head high. "That sounds like a good compromise to me." Kimber sighed in relief as he heard those words.

Later on, after Kimber and Akashi made their departure, he received a text from Kuroko that told him to head to the café down town. He sighed and headed that way. He didn't know what was going on, and he didn't like it. He had left Lucia at home, and he knew that he could end up doing something stupid.

When he finally got there, after what seemed like forever, he saw the team inside and went to join them. "I've decided to take you all out for dinner as a reward for our victory last weekend!" Riko announced proudly. "Next week, we face Rakuzan. So bring your a-game. Akashi Seijuro, the old captain of the Generation Of Miralce will be there." She warned, looking over the team. "We won't be bothered by him." Kimber said, sitting down. "What do you mean Hizuki-kun?" Kuroko asked. "Since Akashi-kun and I are very close, and both of us never lose, we've made a compromise. He and I will never play against each other and so, Akashi-kun and I will be benched next game." Kimber explained. The team was confused but, Kuroko understood why. They both had a reputation to keep. "But if out team defeats his, doesn't that mean Akashi would...lose?" Hyuga asked, trying to understand the situation better. "No...and neither would I if our team loses. Because, since we don't play a second of the game, we don't lose a second of the game. Our teams do." He mused.

This obviously didn't sit well with Kagami. He had to face all of the Generation of Miracles! He needed to so he could become the best basketball player in all of japan. He defeated Kise, Kuroko, and Midorima. All that was left where Akashi, Midorima, and Aomine! And of course he still needed to defeat Kimber, but he'd save that until later. "What?! How the hell did that seem like a good idea to you?! I have to defeat Akashi if I wa-" "then defeat him on your own time, he and I shall never play basketball against one another!" Kimber barked at him loudly. Kagami's eyes widened. He was taken back by this. No one ever raised their voices to him but Riko.

"You better watch where you stand Kagami. Cause Akashi-kun isn't the only one with a god complex." He hissed before turning his head to the right in annoyance. Sometimes Kagami could get on his last nerve he swore it. Riko then was worried about the game. "But Hizuki-kun, we need you in that game!" Kimber merely shook his head. "I can't, I made a deal with him." He said quietly. "Kuroko-kun. Can you talk some sense into him? Please?!" Riko cried. "I can't. No one can. Hizuki-kun and Akashi-kun where so close back at Teiko. There's no stopping them when they make a pact." Kuroko mumbled. "If those two played against each other there would be no end to the game. They both never miss a shot, so the game would never cease. They'd always be tied. If the two where to fight. Neither of them would give up. Eventually they'd both collapse and a winner wouldn't be chosen." The icy blunette explained.

The team was silent. Soon, Kimber just stood and left, returning to his apartment in a glum mood. Mizu and Lucia seemed to sense his intense silent agony and kept quiet as the male quietly crawled into bed in the cloths that he was wearing, and remained silent, waiting three hours for sleep to come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all love it!!!! I'll keep writing! And be sure to check out my new posted fanfic, about Free! Iwatobi Swim Team! It's called; Rin's Obsession, A Haruka Replacement. Love you~ thanks for 44 reads and 6 votes!