Basket Ball Terms

I'd like to take a second to tell the people who do not play basketball or know the rules and stuff about some of the references I've made, or will possibly make in this fanfic. Because I'm sure there are many of you out there that've got no idea what happens in basketball but you watch the anime and read the manga anywhore. Lol. These are here for you to come back to incase I make a reference you don't understand.

Three pointer- a basket made from thirty feet away that scores the team three points. (Made from the three point line)

Top of the key- the three point line.

The box- the lane(that box on each side of a basketball court.)

Low blocks- the small rectangular shapes near the basket on each side of the court.

Three point line- a line thirty feet away from the basket that arches around the court in a half circle. if a basket is made from that line or out further, three points are scored for the team. (Also known as the top of the key.)

The line- the out of bounds line also referred to as the base line.

Free line- the free throw line at the top of the lane(NOT THE TOP OF THE KEY)

Half court- the line in the middle of the court also known as the half line.

Layup- a shot made, right near the basket in which three steps in consistency are taken and the ball is shot.

Half court shot- a shot made from half court.

Full court shot- a shot made from the entirely other side of the court. (Both Hizuki-kun and Midorima-kun did this)

Around the world- a game played to improve shooting skills from different angles. Those different angles being. The right low block, the right side of the free line, the three point line, the left side of the free line, and the left block. Can be played with one+ player(s).

h.o.r.s.e- a game played to improve shooting from different angles. When a basket is made, the next person in line shoots the ball from the place that the person who made it in was at. If the basket isn't made you earn a letter. The first one to spell out horse loses. (Also referred to as p.i.g) two or more people required

Knockout- a game played to improve shooting under pressure. Two balls are used, and two players are shooting at once. You first shoot from the free throw line, and if you make it, you move on. If you miss, you have to try and get the ball in before the person who was behind you in line does. If that person makes a basket before you do, you're out. Baskets that are shot if the first free throw isn't made are normally suppose to be shot outside of the lane/box. Three people are normally used.

Play- a series of certain movements that are used to try and score a basket.

Point guard/shooting guard- the person that brings down the ball, and is normally the one to make the call on which play should be made also referred to as the guard. This would be. Shun Izuki or Junpei Hyuga

Wings- the people that are usually at the top of the key, on the edge of the three point line, opposite of each other also referred to as a forward. This would be Shinji Koganei or Kuroko Tetsuya

Center- the person who plays in the lane to get shots in and keep shots from going in. This would be Rinnosuke Mitobe or Kagami Taiga

Defensive guard- a person that plays down on the low blocks, normally passed to for a quick and easy basket. This would be Kiyoshi Teppei and could also be Kagami Taiga

Dribble/dribbling- to bounce the ball from your finger tips to the floor repeatedly it is important to NOT slap the ball on your palm but to keep it low, with your finger tips. This move is essential for basketball. If you aren't dribbling. You cannot move.