03 | Double Date

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

03 | Double Date

HOW DID I get into this situation again?

Here I was, getting ready for my blind date, which was prearranged by my best friend. Mason was excitedly knocking on my door, asking if I was ready. I swore that boy was more pumped for this date than I was.

Setting down the curling iron, I examined my loose waves. It matched well with the ivory three-fourths sleeve dress. Just a natural yet presentable make up was my kind of deal. Grabbing my black heels from my closet, I opened my bedroom door and found my family standing before me with eager eyes. Scared, I jumped from surprise.

Mom clapped her hands at the sight of me and said, "Our Maisie is going on a date tonight! Isn't this such good news, honey?"

Pops, who didn't mind what was going on, nodded his head. "Of course. Maisie, you look beautiful."

Mason smiled enthusiastically in agreement.

It was like they wanted me to get with someone, get married, and leave them already. To be completely honest, it did feel nice to dress up for an occasion. It has been a while since I did something like this. We all walked to the living room where I was just about ready to head out and meet with Vanessa and the boys.

My family watched me with such happy expressions that it caused me to stifle a laugh. Mom pulled me into a hug, and I soon felt Pops and Mason surround me. Was this really such good news to them? I smiled before giving my parents a kiss goodbye. As I made my way out, Mason was standing by the door, holding it open. He could be a sweetheart, I admit. Mason had such a wide smile on that even he knew it was goofy looking.

He winked and said, "Knock him dead, Maisie!"

I laughed, trying to reach up and ruffle his hair.

As I made my way out of our cozy one story home, I came to some sort of a conclusion. Maybe the reason why my family was so energetic about tonight was because they were actually going somewhere fun without me. That had to be it. Once I finished adjusting my heels, I glanced up and found something that I wasn't expecting.

A limousine.

Looking left to right, I wondered if that limousine was for me.

At that moment, a recognizable figure came out of the stretched vehicle. It was Vanessa. This had to be Vanessa's guy and cousin's ride.

You were probably wondering why I was classifying the two as "Vanessa's guy" and "cousin".

The thing was, I actually didn't know their names. Vanessa never told me, and I never really bothered to ask her. My mistake. My best friend soon came towards me. She was absolutely radiant, wearing a strapless gold knee-length dress. I smiled, giving her a small wave.

Vanessa said, "Maisie, look at you! You're gorgeous!"

A wave of embarrassment ran across my face, and I hesitantly walked next to her.

I complimented as well, "Vanessa, you look absolutely stunning yourself."

She looked at me with grateful eyes and said, "Thank you so much for coming. You don't know how much this means to me."

Telling her for the thousandth time that she didn't have to say her thanks, I followed her into the limousine. Once I went inside, I nearly collapsed. The inside was luxurious. The red velvet seats were aligned along the walls of the limo. There were two refrigerators in the front and back and mini flat screen TVs in every angle possible. There were buttons everywhere. Who knew what each one activated?