06 | The Beauty and The Nuisance

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

06 | The Beauty and The Nuisance

WALKING TO THE kitchen, Mom was already making her mouth-watering home cooked meals. I inherited my mother's heart shaped face, pretty cheekbones, and soft pink lips. The only difference would be our eyes—which I shared with Pops—and our hair length. I couldn't forget the fact I was three inches taller than her 5 foot 3.

Mom lifted her attention from the chopping board once she noticed my presence. "Work again, dear? Be sure not to overwork yourself."

Laughing, I defended, "It isn't hard, Mom. Just simple escorting and ordering."

"Okay, remember to eat some lunch though. You're getting thinner by the day. Will you be home in time for dinner?"

"Thinner? You're joking. I'll be home around 6," before leaving the kitchen, I said, "mom, is everything okay? I've noticed whenever I talk about the Valentino family, something seems different. You and Pops aren't worried about me, right?"

There was a slight pause, and Mom's hazel eyes blinked away momentarily. She tucked her dark brown hair behind her ear and chuckled. "Oh honey, we're just worried because, you know, they're rich. We're just simple people, and I just don't want them to take advantage over you."

My parents were always so caring.

I gave her a smile in reply. "Mom, the Valentino's are a good family especially David and Logan."

Concerning Bryce and his parents, I wouldn't know what to say about them. I haven't even told my parents or Mason that Bryce was the delivery boy.

Mom nodded and said, "Okay, but the moment something happens, you better tell me, okay?"

Following her words, I gave her a kiss goodbye and headed out the door.

It wasn't long before I made my way up the hotel elevator and landed right in front of the Symphony's Fine Dining. Manager Gray was already standing by the front, waiting for guests to arrive and dine. Once she caught sight of me, we switched places and, just like any other day, I prepared myself for encountering the "fancy" people.

Because it was still the early in the afternoon, no one was really here yet. On the verge of closing my eyes, I was abruptly awaken by—

"Hey! Why are you sleeping on the job?"

Expecting it to be Manager Gray, I jumped from my slumber, ready to apologize my life away. My face fell finding that it wasn't Manager Gray who said that—well, the voice was deeper—but Bryce Valentino. Bryce stood there before me with a smug grin slapped onto his face.

Him again?

You'd think I'd be jumping for joy since he was the delivery boy I was looking for.

Bryce had his arms crossed over his usual business attire as he clicked his tongue in disapproval. "Well, well, looks like I caught you in the act. Should I tell the manager about this?"

"No!" Quickly changing the tone on my voice, I corrected, "I mean... please no. It won't happen again."

Bryce chuckled at my misery. "Here I was, just wanting to eat at this very restaurant, but instead, I find a worker sleeping on her job. What a sight."

This guy had to be kidding me. The nerve. I wanted to punch him right in the face, but I shamefully resisted just looking at him.

When I didn't respond, Bryce said, "Fine, fine. I'll let you go this time. Just hurry up and find me a table, worker."