29 / Those Hidden Colors

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

29 / Those Hidden Colors

"Get out."

Those two words were the first things Bryce's mother hissed at my mom the moment she stepped foot into her office.

Not believing this was all happening, my eyes couldn't help but widen seeing Mom act like this. I always saw Mom as the gentle, motherly type of person. Right now, Mom had such a harsh tint in her hazel eyes. The entire look in her face was so grave.

The question that came to mind was how exactly did these two know each other?

My heart raced uncontrollably, not wanting to see my mom get in this conversation. Mom didn't budge from Monica Valentino's warning and continued to move closer towards her. Immediately, I held onto my mom's arm to keep her right by my distance. I gave her a pleading look, insisting not to do anything. 

In return, Mom expressed an apology through her eyes. However, Mom's hazel eyes soon darted right back at Bryce's mother.

She asked once more, "How could you, Monica? Even up until now?"

Keeping that cold atmosphere, Bryce's mother folded her arms. Her eyes were narrowing sharply at Mom in response.

"Doesn't this bring back memories, Elianna?"

Mom's eyes flickered slightly until she ignored the remark and questioned with persistence, "I don't consider those memories, Monica. I don't understand why you have to act like this. Why?"

Monica Valentino cringed as she revealed her inner emotions.

"You never stop, do you? Just because I was the one who ended up with Curtis, you always managed to show up in my life again. Why don't you just leave me alone? You and your daughter need to leave my family alone!"

"Don't you care about Bryce's behalf? He cares about my daughter. My daughter cares about your son! Why can't you see that?" Mom retorted back, trying to etch it in her brain.

Bryce's mother shook her head vigorously and screamed out, "I know what's best for my son! Leave my office right now! Don't ever show your faces again!"

Feeling completely hopeless as the two were brawling with one another, I had to stop this from getting any worse. Before I could motion Mom out of the office, I completely froze, seeing the pair who rushed through the office doors.

It was Bryce's father, Curtis. 

And, Bryce himself. 

The two had the most perplexed expressions as their blue eyes widened in shock, absorbing the whole commotion.

Bryce.

A rush of guilt ran past me, knowing that I broke our promise. I was supposed to be the first person Bryce saw when he got back from the airport. Bryce's icy blue eyes were stuck on mine momentarily before pulling his attention to his mother — they were expressing sorrow and guilt. How I wished I could stop time this very moment so I could hug him after so long. 

Having his presence here relaxed me in some ways. Even if right now, there were so many complications.

Curtis Valentino seemed to have done a double take, catching sight of Mom beside me. 

His lips slightly pursed as he whispered out, "Elianna?"

Bryce questioned, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion, "What's... going on?"