13 / A Daisy's Confession

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

 13 / A Daisy's Confession

It has almost been two weeks, and I followed exactly what Bryce's mother said. 

The weekend of Bryce's birthday, June 7th, I lied to Vanessa saying that I couldn't make it to the party because I was stuck taking care of the market. The same night, Mason stopped by as I was closing the market, finding me there instead of Mom or Pops. Even my younger brother thought I was going. 

I found out that Vanessa called Mason, asking if he could do another favor, but Mason was playing at some local café. Guess everything all worked out.

Throughout the past few days, it was like I literally had no connection with Bryce. In the back of my mind, I worried about him. The last time I saw the delivery boy was the night he got sick, and it bothered me how I didn't get to greet him a happy birthday. My mind was going to explode from over thinking.

Each time after work, I always found myself walking outside to Legends Garden. This place always made me feel better, and I found sanctuary here. The flowers, the atmosphere, everything about it were so welcoming. Sometimes, the sudden memory of Bryce first taking me here would reappear.

Three days ago, I even had an interesting conversation with one of the "flowers" here at the Garden.

Okay, I swore I wasn't crazy. I really did.

Despite me telling Vanessa the real truth the day after Bryce's birthday, it was still bothering me. Vanessa wasn't too happy about my secret, but she was more upset by the fact Bryce's mother told me to back off. When I asked how Bryce's party went, Vanessa looked bothered. 

She revealed that even though everyone was having a good time, the birthday boy himself looked upset and left within an hour.

Anyway, this odd conversation with the flower went like this.

I was staring at the daisies for a good five minutes and involuntarily spoke to it, "What am I going to do?"

What made things even more bizarre was when a voice replied back, "Who's this flower talking to me?" 

The voice sounded low and masculine — had to be a boy.

Confused, I looked left to right and finally pointed to myself, "Me...?" 

I went along with it. 

"I'm a daisy, a completely lost daisy."

The voice replied, "Looks like we're the same."

Instead of thinking this was all weird, I continued talking to the flower. 

I asked, "Could you help me? Daisy to daisy."

"I guess. What's wrong?" The voice replied in a light tone.

"I've been told to stay away from a certain person. The one who told me to stay away doesn't like me much. I'm not sure if I did anything wrong though."

"Well, you must be pretty dumb to follow what the person says," the voice answered, scolding me.

Raising my eyebrows, I scoffed, "Wait, so it's my fault? I just feel like the person was right. The person they are looking out for, I've been a bother to them. That person shouldn't surround themselves around daisies like me; that person probably fits well around pretty roses instead."

"You're a very confusing daisy. So, what you're saying is you don't think you're good enough for that person? Did you ever think that person feels different about you?"