21 / Accomplished Accomplice

© an affiniteas 2011-2012 ink on Wattpad

21 / Accomplished Accomplice

No matter what was happening around me, what Bryce said was making my heart flutter in every direction. 

And those bouquet of daisies! 

Everything about him was taking its toll on me. Here I was, smiling to myself as I walking towards Lockhart's Pantry where Mason and Carly should be.

That was when I realized. 

I had to save Legends Garden!

This wasn't what I was expecting, but what made my stomach flip was seeing Mason in the market. Alone. The nine year old who was no where to be seen. Once Mason spotted me, he casually waved until he noticed the shock smacked on my face.

Mason raised an eyebrow, folding his arms.

"What the heck, Maisie. The store isn't that much of a disaster... is it?" 

He thought the panic was about the market?

Shaking my head, I frantically walked to the counter and shouted, "Mason, please don't tell me you lost Carly!"

That was when Mason started to laugh his head off. Once he was done being ridiculous, I was impatiently standing there, hoping he didn't abandon her.

Mason replied, "Of course not! She got picked up by her driver. She said for you to not worry about her." 

The stress on my heart released, and I sighed with relief.

He seemed amused by my actions.

"You're acting really paranoid. If you're worried about Carly, don't be. She's actually really interesting. Did you know she can say all the presidents in order and backwards? And, she knows all the fifty states in ABC order, even the capital cities! I don't even know that myself!" 

Stifling a laugh, I was more relieved to know that Mason and Carly got along. I nodded my head. 

"I told you she's different. And I'm not paranoid..." 

Soon, my foot started to tap on the ground endlessly. Noticing my movements, Mason scoffed in disbelief.

"Not paranoid? Did Bryce confess his love for you?"

Throwing him a glare, Mason chuckled even though his brown eyes was expressing hope. My younger brother definitely had some imagination. His assumptions was far from what Bryce did.

Actually, the words Bryce said to me before I left —

No. Stop. 

It was getting to me again.

"He didn't..." I muttered out, "I have to help him save the garden."

His nose wrinkled in confusion.

"Is that what couples do nowadays? Plant a garden?" 

Mason abruptly flinched back behind the counter before I threw the closest object to me right at him.

Grunting, I remarked, "You're not helping, Mason. I'm worried that I won't be able to save the garden!"

"Is 'garden' a metaphor for you and Bryce's relationship?" 

That tall punk was stifling a laugh in between. This annoyance had to be pay back for the time Mason was explaining what "heartstrings" was to me.

Letting out an exasperated sigh, I mumbled, leaning towards the counter, "Legends Garden, you big dummy. Apparently, I have to come up with some idea to save it from being demolished."